Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone hunt parks and such with threshold

The Threshold's ability to blank on Disc'ed targets is very useful in modern trash. I currently have mine set at 4 with the Master detector volume set at 4. I like the TH pitch at 5.

The Threshold's ability to blank on Disc'ed targets is very useful in modern trash. I currently have mine set at 4 with the Master detector volume set at 4. I like the TH pitch at 5.
Challenge is for jewelry how much do you really want to disc out.
I think 1-10 is a bit high if you don’t want to miss anything. Good for cherry picking though. Helpful if we knew how low people have found gold jewelry.
Some say as low as 6 or 7.
Maybe alot of missed targets to be found because most will disc out too much.
All metal in the park is a bit much also,
I don’t think many will run all metal in a park or even beach.

I would think mostly used for prospecting and deep relic hunting but anyone use it in parks and for jewelry. If so where do you usually set yours
I detect with a threshold all the time no matter if I am detecting for gold nuggets or for coins and jewelry, once I finally figured out how to set the threshold up in the Legend which took me days to finally figure it out

I have a deep high conductor program saved in my user profiles that I have been using when detecting in a park across the street from me the deep high conductor settings I use has a lot of disc TIDs in it when using the threshold which gives a lot of info on disc IDs helps a lot otherwise with that deep high conductors setting that I have saved you would never know those disc targets were there the only time the threshold is good to use is if you detect with a program with a lot of TIDs notched out, when I detect for gold Nuggets I run in all metal simply because gold nuggets can com in any where in the TID range including negative TIDs, which the Legend does not have negative IDs, that is why I am looking forward to the Manticore and possibly the Equinox 900, the 900 is still up in the air for me but I do have a Manticore on the way, as well as the Axiom should have both with in this week

I detect with a threshold all the time no matter if I am detecting for gold nuggets or for coins and jewelry, once I finally figured out how to set the threshold up in the Legend which took me days to finally figure it out

I have a deep high conductor program saved in my user profiles that I have been using when detecting in a park across the street from me the deep high conductor settings I use has a lot of disc TIDs in it when using the threshold which gives a lot of info on disc IDs helps a lot otherwise with that deep high conductors setting that I have saved you would never know those disc targets were there the only time the threshold is good to use is if you detect with a program with a lot of TIDs notched out, when I detect for gold Nuggets I run in all metal simply because gold nuggets can com in any where in the TID range including negative TIDs, which the Legend does not have negative IDs, that is why I am looking forward to the Manticore and possibly the Equinox 900, the 900 is still up in the air for me but I do have a Manticore on the way, as well as the Axiom should have both with in this week
I would think gold jewelry can come up just about anywhere in the tid range as well

I would think mostly used for prospecting and deep relic hunting but anyone use it in parks and for jewelry. If so where do you usually set yours
Using a threshold takes some getting accustomed to when you set up a threshold on a detector it will sound like a mosquito buzzing in your ear you want to be able to hear it barely
if you set the threshold to high it can cause you to miss targets and to low it can cause you to miss targets to much threshold over powers your targets and can cause them to be lost to low and you can miss targets everyone's threshold settings will be different its like the Legend threshold if I use the wireless headphones that were included with the Legend I can drop the threshold as low as 2 with the volume set at 6 in the legend and Nokta/Macro wireless headphones to a few clicks below max and the threshold will be a slight buzz which is where it should be but if I use a pair of earbuds which I have tried several pairs and brands the volume has to be at max in the Legend and the threshold has to be at 9 because below 9 with ear buds there will be no threshold sound at all and a 9 threshold will be to much threshold you can also fine tune the threshold in the Legend by adjusting the threshold pitch which is the second threshold setting in the Legend

are you using any type of wireless headphones or earbuds just curious

The supplied Nokta wireless ones.

I have never seen gold jewelry come up in negative TIDs or for that matter even at a 1,2,,3 TID
I usually don't dig numbers below 18 . I don't have the patience or time on modern trashy covered fields to dig the 99.9% of signals that are mostly foil and slaw bits.
i don't mind missing that elusive thin Gold Ring because my back is worth much more to me. On a beach that is worth detecting on i would be digging down to
about number 10. I have never dug a single good find so far that was worth digging below about number 15. I wish i lived on the south coast here or south west , i would be doing nothing but beach detecting.
My nearest beach is 80 miles , just not worth it in time and travel costs.

I usually don't dig numbers below 18 . I don't have the patience or time on modern trashy covered fields to dig the 99.9% of signals that are mostly foil and slaw bits.
i don't mind missing that elusive thin Gold Ring because my back is worth much more to me. On a beach that is worth detecting on i would be digging down to
about number 10. I have never dug a single good find so far that was worth digging below about number 15. I wish i lived on the south coast here or south west , i would be doing nothing but beach detecting.
My nearest beach is 80 miles , just not worth it in time and travel costs.
well I do not have any beaches near me, I live in a known gold area so my main detection is for gold nuggets,gold nuggets can come in in all kinds of different TIDs including negative TIDs which currently I am using the Legend and the Legend has no negative IDs so I have purchased a Garrett 24K for my gold nugget detection, if I use the Legend I dig every good tone I get when detecting for gold nuggets with the Legend I run in A (All Metal) with P (Pitch Tones)