Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone into Dowsing and L-Rods.

finnfoto

Just recently got into this methoud mostly for fun and .not so much finding water aspect but for finding coins and relics.

Just wondering if anyone else may be into this hobby and your thoughts. :thumbup:

When I worked as a construction supervisor for a home builder I used two pieces of copper wire bent into an l shape to find water lines, phone lines, sewer lines etc. Never tried to find a coin with them.

Dowsing does work! Don't listen to the nay sayers, the flat earthers or the scoffers.
I located my well pipes a few years ago in preparation for a new well and piping. Can also locate power lines buried or above. When the well driller arrived, they also located the pipes which proved my dowsing was right on.

Being impressed with this phenomena, i started to play around with it a little. Yes dowsing 'can' locate coins along with other metallic junk. Problem is no discrimination but maybe with practice? Could be useful for locating deep relics, caches, etc. in relatively junk free areas.

A friend of mine and I were discussing dowsing and he claims it is legitimate. In fact, according to him, the old-time prospectors used dowsing
just as much as panning to find gold. They didn't have the technology we have, so it stands to reason that they would have used anything to in-
crease the chance of a gold strike.

I dowse for placer gold with copper L rods and map dowse for gold creek deposits off Google Earth maps with a pendulum., get mostly fines and small flakes so far, a couple pickers, one of which was under a rock on a gravel bar. I saw this little yellow leaf just as I put my shovel in the gravel to dig. Leaned down, picked it up, and it was GOLD...maybe 1/4 inch square.
Have had my share of failures too, doesn't always work.

-Tom V.

Just started as a total novice into 'Dowsing' and must admit i have alot too learn,but if i am honest i really think it does work and my goal is using it along side my detecting,as the old saying goes 'he who dares wins'.

I have had some luck mixing dowsing and detecting....back in the '80 s
Found a set of ....never used 1940's Chevrolet keys bricked up inside a hollow spot of the inside fireplace...an old abandoned farm house..

Then used the same dowsing rod.( way over priced Carl Anderson "L" rod )
At an old grade school lot.....located a few wheat pennies....in the yard.....first w the rod...then turned on the detector
Was pleasantly surprised about those finds! Need a new rod to use again..
HH
HaloEffect426.

I suddenly started having some luck dowsing stocks after losing my shirt for years.
I just use a pendulum, look for stocks in breakouts ,or that I have watched for years, and start tracking them.
I had 6 figures in my account last week but was scared to sell cause of taxes.In the meantime
I lost 1/2 when my stock sold off. But its a new year now. Time to try again for early retirement is my aim.
Too bad I basically have to give Uncle Sam 1/2 of what I make is the new problem, with short term trading.
Not for the faint of heart either. Today,I lost 8 grand in 1 position but made 10 grand elsewhere.
maybe thats why my guts are hurting so much lately?

I have got some small amounts of fine placer gold in Indiana creeks where I have map
dowsed on Google earth and in person.