Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone looking for a SEF 12x10 coil Sov GT heres a great deal i found

deepdiger60

If i didnt already have one i would scarf this deal up fast. Good luck Jim
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-X-12-SEF-CoilCover-for-All-Sovereign-Minelab-Metal-Detectors-/271187536502

It'll be interesting to see what it goes for.

I thought my 15x12 SEF would have flew off the shelf for what I dropped the price too, but not a single taker.

fsa46 said:
It'll be interesting to see what it goes for.

I thought my 15x12 SEF would have flew off the shelf for what I dropped the price too, but not a single taker.
I saw it to very strange arent taxes due soon ? maybe thats why ? people dont want to spend the money now . GL Jim

I plan on putting in a bid. However I expect that it will go higher than I am willing to pay for a used coil. Only time will tell.

Jim,good point tax dead line coming up soon and people are hanging on to their money.Ebay usually is a good place to sell,but sometimes the markets can be flat and an item just doesn't sell for a fair amount.I have lost and made money selling items on Ebay.The 12X15 inch coil should have been a easy sale but timing and other unseen factors can hurt a sale.The SEF 10x12 still has plenty of time on the clock.I'm not sure how much it will sell for but lately every auction on Ebay seems to go down until the last second.Good Luck HH anotherdayattheoffice also greatertimes

The 15x12 just isn't as popular as the 12x10 on both the FBS and BBS units. It's more of a specialty coil for large open crop fields or huge beaches where coverage is of primary importance. I traded mine for a non-working 12x10 a few years back, because the 15x12 just didn't show me even as good of depth as my stock 10" Tornado in my soil. Only at the beaches did it for some reason get more depth than stock on coin/ring sized targets, and what I find odd about that is my beaches are mineralized just like my land sites.

The 15x12 is one very stable coil for it's size, but too much like my 12x10 in traits and I feel my 12x10 is deeper and separates better. Only reason I'm adding a 13" Ultimate to my line up is because it's as different from an SEF as it is from a conventional round DD, so I see a place for it on days I want to grid large sites even faster than the improvement of the 12x10 over stock in that respect. When I force myself to take off my 12x10 for land hunting, I don't want to replicate it in some respects and want something different. The loaner Ultimate I had was that, and I've got a line on a new one a friend was able to secure for me that should be arriving within a few weeks here.

The 12x10, finding one used is a very hard thing to do, just like it is for the 8 and 10" Tornados. That should speak volumes about how much people like these particular coils. When the SEFs first came out you'd see 12x10's and 15x12's being sold and bought used on Findmall as people sampled the wine, so to speak, but now that the initial rush of triers is over ones bought new these days seem to stay put with people who know what they are getting.

how much does a new one go for...180?

about how it performs and how long the cable is.

Some of the early ones had shorter cables, longer than necessary for just rod mounted control boxes but forget it if you want to hip/chest mount your box. I forgot what I measured the one I had at, its been awhile, but you can measure one you have now that works good for hip/chest mount. I think 80" or so is a good length(longer is even better for me because sometimes I tube mount my control box when I water hunt).

Also I had one that falsed like crazy on wet sand beaches at the ocean, no matter how the sens was set, but was stable in the dry sand. I tried it on several beaches and finally sold it, they gotta work on wet sand to be useful to me.

You could go back a few years and read some of the older forums and you would see these were not isolated incidents, especially the cable lengths. If I remember right, Kellyco was instrumental in getting the manufacturer to put longer cables on these coils.

Ive got a couple for both my Sov now that work fantastic and have nice long cables and also have them for my Etrac that work great at the ocean.

It still isn't up there (bid wise) like I would expect. I would put a bid in on it, but I ordered (paid) for one on the 29th from KellyCo. I guess their shipment of 10 still hasn't arrived as I haven't gotten a tracking number.

My total cost billed was 193.00 to my door. HH Ron
That's not bad considering a new 10 bbs will set you back 224. plus 12 for shipping

Well I did not get that one. It went a few dollars above what I was willing to pay for a used piece of equipment. I guess I am going to have to give JW a call and see if they are going to get any more. I wish that those companies with web sites would keep them half way up to date as far as items in stock. To me it seems useless to advertise, pay for hosting etc and then your web site be completely out of date.

That SEF did go for more then i expected for a used coil , i guess it,s a tough coil to get hold of sometimes !! i paided 20.98 more new then that one sold for . Jim