Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone not updating from 4.1 to 5.2?

Tony N (Michigan)

I haven't made up my mind if it is really worth the upgrade. I don't use the wireless pinpointer nor the hi frequency coils. What do you think? Should I update?

Some say it is better, some say it don't do much. I am still on 4.1, was thinking about updating. I like 4.1 do good with it. Might try 5.2 and if I don't like it will go back. That is what is good about it you can always go back.

The hf coils work with v4.1. I am running 4.1 and like you, I don't have the xp pinpointer. So I have no plans to change it when I have all the confidence in the world in my setup. I'm sure there are other benefits to the upgrade but right now I am satisfied..... something I never thought I'd say...lol

I had the LF 9" coil and made sooo many great finds hunting with 4.0 then I bought the HF 9" and updated and I'm going to say no big difference for me so far..
And I hunt almost everyday but not everyday with my Deus

Flintstone said:
Some say it is better, some say it don't do much. I am still on 4.1, was thinking about updating. I like 4.1 do good with it. Might try 5.2 and if I don't like it will go back. That is what is good about it you can always go back.

How does one go back to the old? Is there a place on the Deus site that has all the different updates?

Thanks!

bleeohio said:
The hf coils work with v4.1. I am running 4.1 and like you, I don't have the xp pinpointer. So I have no plans to change it when I have all the confidence in the world in my setup. I'm sure there are other benefits to the upgrade but right now I am satisfied..... something I never thought I'd say...lol

Okay, I was hoping that maybe the update would allow greater depth or greater separation in trash.

I just don't want to update and then have to reprogram my home-made programs if it is not worth the trouble.

BTW, where abouts in Ohio are you? I was raised in Lancaster, Ohio.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
I haven't made up my mind if it is really worth the upgrade. I don't use the wireless pinpointer nor the hi frequency coils. What do you think? Should I update?

Hey, Tony. How you been? I just bought a Deus and it's arriving on Thursday. I've been reading up and it seems not everyone is a fan of the Deus updates, to either 4 or 5. So I was also wondering if it's possible to roll back to a previous version since I will only have one of the LF coils to start out with and don't have the pinpointer.

Kapok said:
Tony N (Michigan) said:

Hey, Tony. How you been? I just bought a Deus and it's arriving on Thursday. I've been reading up and it seems not everyone is a fan of the Deus updates, to either 4 or 5. So I was also wondering if it's possible to roll back to a previous version since I will only have one of the LF coils to start out with and don't have the pinpointer.

Hi Kapok, I've been fine. Thanks for asking. Been a looooooong cooooooold winter here in Michigan.
I don't know how far back one can roll a version back. I do like 4.1. Don't see any reason to change it yet.

Can't answer about any depth increase but I have my doubts it can get much deeper.
I'm up in NW oh, in the Findlay area. Worked some road construction around Lancaster back in the day though.

You can choose any version you want, all the way back to 2.0.

When you first start the update there is a drop down menu to choose from.

Updating is very easy but you MUST follow the on screen instructions to the T.

You have plenty of time when you do it so there's no rush for anything.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
IQ-2018 said:
just have the old coils and have updated to 5.2 i want the latest software.

Thanks for the response.
Have you noticed any gain in depth or separation in trash with the update?

Feels more stable and separation could be increased with GB updates.

bleeohio said:
Can't answer about any depth increase but I have my doubts it can get much deeper.
I'm up in NW oh, in the Findlay area. Worked some road construction around Lancaster back in the day though.

Oh, nice.
I drive through Findlay all the time when going to Lancaster.

I live about 50 miles north of Detroit. Maybe some day we can detect?

I can't be of any help as I just picked up a used Deus with the stock 11" coil, but updated to 5.2 just because.

The question is, does it make a difference with the LF coil or should I just keep it in the box and go straight to purchasing the HF now that I've updated?

Absolutely, when the weather straightens up some hit me up and we'll do some digging. I'm working on a couple of new spots on grass for when the fields get planted.

still on 4 here and finds are still plenty deep

Not being a gold prospector nor planning on buying the new HF coils I see no real reason to upgrade to version 5.2.
Unless some real advantage is there I will stick with what I got.

I'm still running in 3.2 with a 9" LF coil.
If I end up going for a X-35 coil I'll upgrade to 5.2.

I bought a used Deus a month or so ago and it came with 5.2.1. It's all I've ever used and I've had no issues with it. Any reason I should retrograde to v4?