Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone out there have any idea what this structure is?

Sport181

Anyone out there have any idea what this structure is? Came across it looking at a possible detecting site.

Attachments

• 20211108_141820.jpg
    20211108_141820.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 167
  • 20211108_141316.jpg
    20211108_141316.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 160
  • 20211108_141257.jpg
    20211108_141257.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 165
In western Pa. There are structures quite like these overlooking a small river. They were used as smelters. I couldn't say thats what these are but they seem to be from the same era. Late 1800's Early 1900's

I dont see any obvious signs of burning (as in smelter) but then again if built and then not used it still could be…. Almost like a bunker and somewhat like a larger cold storage or root cellar. Probably a tasting room for a winery, lol

I would have thought it might be a cold cellar for food storage.. prior to refrigeration they cut huge blocks of ice in the winter and stored in sawdust as a means of insulation but I’m not sure that would work in this structure…

if it had a chiminy at the back i would say a kiln for lime or pottery or probly storage of some kind

To me, it reminds me more of part of a defensive structure of the time