Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone Receive the New Battery

CCadrin

I had purchased my detector Jan 10th (after they announced the new battery upgrade). I called Minelab and they said will send out a new battery to replace the old battery when they become available. Has anyone received the upgraded battery direct from Minelab?

The first week of January Minelab announced a new battery to prevent leaks. I had purchased my CTX after the announcement not knowing they upgraded the design. I called them and told them the dealer sold me the old version he had in stock. Minelab then confirmed my warranty registration and said they will send out the battery with the new design to prevent leaks. It's been 10 weeks and I haven't heard anything. But I did here the upgrade was hard to come by.

No. Only for the purchases after the announcement.

martygene said:
so is the battery repalacement available for all CTX3030's that are still under warranty?

Yes, but I'm pretty sure you must pay for it.

They exchanged it for me free of charge. It's took 2 weeks. Only Lithium battery available. With 3 new gray o-rings.

I got a battery from Minelab without even asking. I just registered the machine and it showed up out of no where. Their customer service is awesome.

Yes, I got mine after I called them back. For some reason, they lost my request which was in mid January.

The same with me, I called them months ago and was told the batteries were out of stock at the time. Just called them a couple weeks ago and they got a brand new battery and 3 O rings free of charge, told me to keep my original as a spare. I purchased my unit in November.