Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone still swinging an Impact? Are you thinking of an upgrade?

I have one and still use it. I also have a few newer ones including 2 SMFs. I'm not sure they are that much of an upgrade. But then again, I don't think the Impact is a huge upgrade over the T2. I like the all metal modes on the Impact better than AM on any other detector but some of the others don't tire me out as quickly. Like they say, there is no perfect one.

If it delivers all you need, you have the best one for you at no added cost. If you buy a new one for say $1000, how long will it take you to find $1000 more in finds than your Impact would have found had you kept using it instead? I would guess that after 3 years of using the Impact, it would take a long time.

Not many seem to sweep impacts for some reason. Snap crackle and pop audio same as the audio on the nokta machines like anfibio etc really i hated it .Legend Audio 50 times better.

I was looking for a Impact, and found a nice Anfibio with two coils, It dose not pop and crackle, I t is nice and quit till i hit a target. I love my Anfibio. Still have not got to try a Impact.

As I said I've had an Impact 3 yrs.Until then my go to machine was a Safari.A guy in my club got an Impact and it blew my Safari away in club test garden Impact still has best screen going

The Impact is a a very good unit.

I guess I never noticed the snap, crackle, pop on mine. I think the tone is quite expressive and the detector quite impressive. If not many use it, it is because it was not the "latest" for very long. You don't see many for sale on the big auction site and you don't see mine listed for sale here either. I have the Legend, too, but there are places around here that I would rather use the Impact. The small football coil and the Nel Sharp seem exceptional to me. I wish the Legend had the same different all metal modes too. To me, the Impact has a big advantage in that I will never have to send it in to replace the batteries. For people who always have the latest, this is not a problem.

I have an impact and struggle to get used to the tones. To me, its very chattery. Should I decrease the sensitivity?

I have an impact and struggle to get used to the tones. To me, its very chattery. Should I decrease the sensitivity?
That is what l would try. 70 may be a good starting level until you two become friends.

I try to run gain as high as possible,although machine is chatty but when the detector finds target it LOCKS ON! you will know the difference I eliminate a lot of iffy targets by changing freq from 14 hrtz to 5 hrtz.Stick with it,it's an awesome machine

I still have my Impact. Don't get to use it much anymore but I still consider it a keeper.

Reminds me I better check the battery charge this week end.

HH
Mike