Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone try 3-tone ferrous?

canman678

Been cruising the web and came across this site where a digger had set up his machine for 3 tone ferrous. He did it by going to 4 tone ferrous and then blacking out the FE 30 to 35 lines. He also rejected the areas that exhibit iron wrap around. This looks interesting to give a try and was wondering if anyone else has tried this or something similar and what kind results were obtained.

Yeah, thats a back door way to emulate 3 tone ferrous by nulling the bottom 4th quadrant in the 4 tone ferrous setting.
It has its place but when i'm after deep targets in nail (and other) junk infested areas, i use an open screen. I want all available info on whats in the ground including their depths.... call it maximum situational awareness.

Depending on the site, whether its known for deep or shallow targets, its iron junk density, its aluminum junk density and the phase of the moon, i'll use either 2, 4, multi and yep sometimes the pseudo 3 tone ferrous discrim pattern. And then there are times i'll use the old war horse, multi conductive with a discrim pattern.

If i had to pick only one CTX feature for the mythical fururistic eTRAC-II, it would be the option to assign custom tones to custom areas of the pattern.

ironsight said:
Yeah, thats a back door way to emulate 3 tone ferrous by nulling the bottom 4th quadrant in the 4 tone ferrous setting.
It has its place but when i'm after deep targets in nail (and other) junk infested areas, i use an open screen. I want all available info on whats in the ground including their depths.... call it maximum situational awareness.

Depending on the site, whether its known for deep or shallow targets, its iron junk density, its aluminum junk density and the phase of the moon, i'll use either 2, 4, multi and yep sometimes the pseudo 3 tone ferrous discrim pattern. And then there are times i'll use the old war horse, multi conductive with a discrim pattern.

If i had to pick only one CTX feature for the mythical fururistic eTRAC-II, it would be the option to assign custom tones to custom areas of the pattern.

That would be nice. Could make nickels have a high tone. Do you use long response on the audio or just go with normal. I have been using long for audio and it seems to bring out iron falsing on targets. Although when there is a good target it gets my attention. Just have learn not to dig on those chirps and high tones that will not lock in regardless of how I sweep the coil.