Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone try out the Deus 2 and then switch back to the Deus?

bigtim1973

just curious if any of you tried out the deus 2 and then go back to the original deus?

This question is mostly for those who hunt inland and not on the beach or out prospecting for gold nuggets.

I see alot of guys talk about the falsing in iron. I know this is a factor on SMF units but to settle that down you just run in single freq mode and it will help.

Just curious as I have been looknig at the deus 2 here lately and since I do not beach hunt or prospect for gold, I was wondering if it would be worth upgrading to or not.

Big Tim, I'll be sticking with the D2, though I do find the falsing in the iron to be a nuisance. But I am figuring out ways to deal with it and I am pretty sure that XP will make some improvements in that area. I love my D1 but the D2 is more versitile with it's multifrequency platform. With the D1 I would have to hunt a site many times using different frquencies to locate the different types of targets. The D2 makes quicker work of that. But as discussed, hunting in the heavy iron in MF can be annoying. But I can always switch to Mono if I want to emulate the D1. I was pleasantly surprised that the D2 sniffed out some nice targets at a few of my pounded to death colonial sites even though I had hunted them over the years with every coil and every frequency with the D1. Do I think it is a huge improvement over the D1? I would not go that far. Do I have any regrets buying the D2? I do not.

There is always a bunch of whining from guys as they make the change from one machine to another. Most of which is just inpatients with the learning curve. You should have heard them when we went from the Etrac to the CTX OMG it was comical.
I find the D2 to be a very stable and deep machine overall. One thing that I would suggest is trying the Bottle cap settings even if like me they really aren't a problem on your sites. I have had good luck with this setting helping to do away with oddball pieces and odd shapes of iron. It's not a "notch" setting which I don't like at all (I never use), it's software setting and it seems to help with very little cost for other targets. Get out there.

I traded my Deus in on the D2 and sold it although there were things I liked. The reason I sold it has already been expressed from others. Haven't replaced my Deus...yet. I may at some point mostly because they're so light. I would also like to say the Deus was my back up machine so when the D2 didn't live up to what I was expecting I couldn't see a machine costing that much hanging on the wall most of the time. I only own one machine now and haven't decided yet what to hang next to it. At what the Deus is selling for now it very well could be back up there soon.

Came into the XP Deaus fold kind of late.
With my impeccable timing bought the one last fall just before the announcement that the Deaus 2 was coming out. Oh well.
Not the first time I’ve purchased electronics that were soon replaced with a newer better design.
Anyway have had the Deaus 2 now about a month and very very happy with it.
I sold my Nox 800 and am happy to have the Deaus one as my back up.

Thanks for your replies. I was looking at the Deus 2 but since I still live in areas with mild soil and do not beach hunt I think I am just going to keep my regular Deus. I am still happy with it. It isnt perfect but it is still the best one I ever used.

I have both, and to tell you the truth, the D1 is finding everything the D2 is finding. So I will be keeping both

I sold my Orx after getting the Deus 2. I also sold the Deus lite when I sold the Orx. I’m very pleased with the Deus 2 and it’s my only machine. I have the 9” coil and will eventually get the 11” but not In any rush for it and you can’t get one alone yet anyway. I think the only thing I miss is the 5 x 9.5” coil and don’t think there will be one for the Deus ii either. My finds are better and more numerous with the D2 - of that there’s no doubt.

I sold my Orx after getting the Deus 2. I also sold the Deus lite when I sold the Orx. I’m very pleased with the Deus 2 and it’s my only machine. I have the 9” coil and will eventually get the 11” but not In any rush for it and you can’t get one alone yet anyway. I think the only thing I miss is the 5 x 9.5” coil and don’t think there will be one for the Deus ii either. My finds are better and more numerous with the D2 - of that there’s no doubt.
Why don't you think there won't be a 5 X 9.5" for the Deus 2?-----XP already has the molds for that coil having made them for the Deus 1 & ORX.

The only thing I miss from deus 1 is the 5x9.5 coil . It was my favorite. Like D&P-OR says , having the molds already, maybe they will manufacture them down the road . I’ll certainly be buying one if they make them . As far as going back to the deus 1 , for me no . The deus 2 has a lot more to offer .

no the d1 seems better on iron imo not so much falsing

the bigger coil should be an oval of some suitable size