Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone use a small coil on the Etrac?

Coach

Anyone use a small coil on their Etrac? If so what kind? Just trying to gain more knowledge about the Etrac.

n/t

I recently picked up a 6" EQ2 DD coil. Works great. Hits a 6" deep dime with no problems. Like any machine, a small coil really helps in a trashy environment. Really helps to isolate individual signals.

jimmyk in MIssouri

I really like the 4.5 X 7 excelerator for trashy places.
I just bought the 8X6 excelerator, but have not used it enought to make a judgement yet.

Both are good coils. Indispensable in high trash. I can max out sensitivity at old homesites even while in proximity to power lines, with good stability. Depth is good, but most of the sites I hit are so littered w/ iron, even these small coils are in the null quite a bit, but the good targets come thru.

The 5" EQ2 Pro DD does an unbelievable job picking out the "goods" from trash infested sites and at depths that no coil this small should be finding! The Joey is good in heavy trash too but shines in the milder areas where you can cover more ground faster than with the 5". Have no regrets with either of them. Mike

I used a 6X8 SEF the other day its on my X-MAS wish list

HH
BIG JOHN