Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone use a Sunray Q-12 Econo-Charger?

ejudasf

Although I never had the manual for this charger, I have used this charger on and off over the last 12 years.

I am trying to understand what the charger is telling me while its charging. The 'fast mode' LED remains solid at the start. Then after a while, it starts to blink. What does the blinking mean?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20201212_204207.jpg
    20201212_204207.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 170
What the heck is it meant to charge? What do YOU charge with it? No clue with the light.

As a matter of fact....that charger is SO unknown that there is NO information on it within Google. THAT is what I call OBSCURE. But...it plainly exists, you have one. And that is indeed the Sunray logo. I just don’t quite understand WHY they would have made a charger, unless there was a well known need for one to power another manufacturers equipment. And if THAT were the case...there would be more information about them. Apparently they made at least 249 of them though...

As a matter of fact....that charger is SO unknown that there is NO information on it within Google. THAT is what I call OBSCURE. But...it plainly exists, you have one. And that is indeed the Sunray logo. I just don’t quite understand WHY they would have made a charger, unless there was a well known need for one to power another manufacturers equipment. And if THAT were the case...there would be more information about them. Apparently they made at least 249 of them though...
Dude! You are telling me!

I got this charger in trade many years ago. It came with this cool molded tray, where you would lay the sovereign battery pack in. The plug also fits the charging bulkhead for the Excal.

Back then, I would just plug it in and leave it for the next morning. Never paid attention to the flashing patterns of the LEDs.

I did email sunray a few days ago, but still no answer back.

A little more info.... When I check the voltage out put of the little connector, it reads about 30 volts.

Thanks for the replies.

ed

Been a while since I checked the BBS forum out is why no one has seen me, got several health problems that keeps me out of detecting.
Anyway I was a Minelab and Sun-Ray dealer and I know that the Q12 Charger in no longer being built. I had several come back that didn't seem to charge right and think they might have had a problem with some and why they discontinued them. I believe they were made by someone and sold by Sun-Ray. I still use my first Sun-Ray charger the SR 12 which is a excellent charger and also discharges the battery to a safe level and when it is at a safe level it charge to a safe level and then go to a pulse trickle charge when fully charged. Saved a lot of ni/cads this way and even forgot my 1 pack on it for a week and didn't affect it any either. Those I feel didn't sell as the price was around $125 if I remember correct so Sun-Ray had the Q12 made. Love those trays that Sun-Ray sold too for the battery pack for the Sovereign GT and the Explorers as they were excellent too.
Tried many different chargers myself and the one I sold after Sun-Ray didn't have them for the Sovereigns and explorers were from Only Batteries and had good luck with only 1 that quit working after 6 months.

Rick

Been a while since I checked the BBS forum out is why no one has seen me, got several health problems that keeps me out of detecting.
Anyway I was a Minelab and Sun-Ray dealer and I know that the Q12 Charger in no longer being built. I had several come back that didn't seem to charge right and think they might have had a problem with some and why they discontinued them. I believe they were made by someone and sold by Sun-Ray. I still use my first Sun-Ray charger the SR 12 which is a excellent charger and also discharges the battery to a safe level and when it is at a safe level it charge to a safe level and then go to a pulse trickle charge when fully charged. Saved a lot of ni/cads this way and even forgot my 1 pack on it for a week and didn't affect it any either. Those I feel didn't sell as the price was around $125 if I remember correct so Sun-Ray had the Q12 made. Love those trays that Sun-Ray sold too for the battery pack for the Sovereign GT and the Explorers as they were excellent too.
Tried many different chargers myself and the one I sold after Sun-Ray didn't have them for the Sovereigns and explorers were from Only Batteries and had good luck with only 1 that quit working after 6 months.

Rick
Hey Rick

Hope you get better.

My Q12 charger does work. Wish I had that tray too. At first, I didn't know what was happening with the lights. Now I do. It pretty much does a regular full charge and then trickle.

I have been using a Thunder AC6 charger, which goes by other names like DuraTrax ?? and has been an excellent charger/discharger.

I'm back to swinging!