Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone useing Harold’s Headphones ?

Ben Town

I just found out about these headphones and been looking to replace the stock headphones that came with my CTX.
I’ve been in touch with Harold and they look and sound like a good choice.
If you have personal experience with these headphones please tell use your thoughts.
Seems like I have seen where a couple guys have been useing them but not much more than that.
Let us know how they compare to stock.
My main problem has been wind noise and volume controll.
Thanks
BT

I have a set from Harold, they work very well, and I have to actually turn down the volume with the ctx.

Pi Pro
Can you use them wireless through the WM 10, or do you have to plug into the machine?
BT

I too have had 2 pairs from Harold and they are way better than anything else out there. He can make them with what ever connector you want but I believe they are usually the screw the plug into CTX type.

I have Harold’s and I love them. They work great ! Harold builds them one at a time with care. They are very quiet and loud. They have the waterproof ctx plug so you can get them wet. Not made for diving just shallow water. He use quality materials and builds them for detectorists because he hunts himself. Ben I sent you a pm . I got ride of my gg’s and koss and only use Harolds .

I Just want to thank all of you for the great reply's on my Harold's Headphones , and may they last many of years of detecting.

I just ordered a pair of Harold’s Headphones today.
I think there going to be a great choice.
I’ll report back after I get them and bench test them, no outside detecting here in the Midwest for another month or so ☃️
Dan

These are not a bad set of phones--performance wise. But they are not waterproof as sent--nor are they sold as such. As well the plugs he uses are not good quality and need to be modded or replaced. The weight of the cable pulls the wires off almost immediately and the flange on the stock plug is very hard to turn without twisting the wires inside. Buy a soldering gun. I bought two sets. One leaked right into the speaker and are now useless. The other needed a lot of silicone to be waterproof --but now seem okay. I also drilled drain holes in the shells to stop them from filling up--Dew's idea. Because of the plug though there always has to be a backup around. Also, once he's got your money--the guys ceases to be of any help--not even how do you do besides mentioning that others have snorkeled with them and not had problems--must be my fault, right? When someone gets a book from me with only one staple--I respond--graciously. Thing that irks me is if I could waterproof these phones with a few tweaks--why couldn't the manufacturer? Call em as I see em.
cjc

Don’t care if there waterproof or not, not going to get wet above my knees anyway, if I do it’s not in the plan

Well let me defend myself on CJC, I told this Guy not to Open my headphones and that if he did it would kill any warranty they got and that just what he did, writer or not, I've sold a lot of headphones and you got to get one Joker in the Crowd that can't follow directions, and I only sent them to him as a favor because he lives in Canada, and I don't ship out of the cont. USA so that is the type of person he is, so I just wanted to clear myself and if he can read it says in my add made for wading. and I do have people snorkeling with them and no Complants yet. Harold's Headphones

what warranttee? I love the sound on these phones but my main concern is really the cheap plug. There's better around.
cjc

I "know" CJC will now sell a lot less books after his responses here. No one likes this kind of attitude. You might want to work on your presentation skills. Its fine to tell it like it is but sounds like you forgot to read Harolds directions? Then you bash him in an open forum?