Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone using CZ's to beach hunt

Joseph in Alabama

Hey guys
Know several on here uses CZ's to beach hunt...
Wwould appreciate any info on how to set up..how to GB..is 8" coil good to use or should I get a 10-1/2...
My only experience with the CZ is land hunting...thanks joe

Most metal detector manufacturers seem to think we need larger size coils these days. Almost all new brands now come equipped with larger size coils. If you want the extra coverage and depth then go with the 10-1/2. But larger coils have some real disadvantages. There's the extra weight on your arm and they'll be a lot hard to push through the water. They are harder to pinpoint with especially in rough water. I'm considering a new CZ-21 after trying several other brands. I'm going to get the 8" coil. I had the 8" before and really liked it, ...a lot less masking in those real trashy areas.

The CZ series of detectors use dual frequency's and are excellent beach detectors.
The CZ 20 and CZ 21 are right up there with the Excalibur in salt water.
I have put them head to head and could not see a clear winner.

Any multi-frequency detector (CZ, DFX, Minelab, and others) will be more stable and work better in and around salt water
than a single frequency detector.

CZ5 is great on the wet sand(waterline) and obviously on the dry sand with either 8 or 10.5 coils. Hip mount works great.

I use a CZ21 with stock coil and have great results, nice tone identification,
I have the older version and the pinpoint button is smaller and sometimes doesn't work but does find treasure. I also have it hip mounted
makes hunting long hours easier. Just bought a Excalibur II from a hunting buddy, still trying it out, but air test for what that may or not be indicator of have about the
same range in inches on same targets.

I use a larger coil and run on 0/Auto tune DISC setting.
I have yet to detect on a salt water beach.
The beaches around here are fairly clean, so I also run with a higher sensitivity.
Good luck and happy hunting!

The CZ was my go to detector for beach hunting for years.
I mostly use the Equinox now except when the EMI is bad then I switch to the CZ

Out on the west coast the cz3d works well
In the damp black sand beaches
Also, you can hip mount the control box
. The 10 in coil does
Feel heavy after a while though, even just on the rod, a counter weight on the arm cup
Does help

Reactions: tvr
CZ-20 is my go-to beach detector. Often I plan to hunt only in the surf, but find conditions become too rough or crowds too thick, so I wait for that to settle down, and hunt the dry sand. I've hunted along side of friends who use Xcal, and my CZ does just as well. I also compared it to my E-trac (I've since sold that detector) on the same beaches, and CZ finds anything E-trac finds. It's always belt-mounted which allows me to hunt without tiring my arm. At 75, that becomes a concern.

So go for it. The CZ's are as good on the dry sand as just about anything else you're like to see out there. They do not disappoint.

I use the CZ 20 w/ 8in. coil in a majority of my freshwater spots especially when trashy... old pier nails etc. Gets very good depth and the 8 in. is not too much to sweep thru the water .Some spots I search are rocky & the smaller coil helps..Possible the 10 in. would go deeper & cover more but comes w a cost of another machine ..sometimes money isnt a factor though..

I chest mount my CZ3d when salt water detecting and inland hunting. That keeps it higher and further away from the water. The control box isn't waterproof. I also put a shower cap over the control box for splashes. It runs quiet and hits deep with its 5 and 15kh freq's.

Hey guys
Know several on here uses CZ's to beach hunt...
Wwould appreciate any info on how to set up..how to GB..is 8" coil good to use or should I get a 10-1/2...
My only experience with the CZ is land hunting...thanks joe
You could get in touch with Fisher and ask them to send you an owners manual which would be easier to learn G B and more. Coil you have is ok.

The 10.5 does make for a nose heavy swing and it's drag in the water is not good. 8 inch is a very good coil. I was fortunate to pick up a FZ-12 coil several years ago and it is wonderful on the CZ6A for wet sand sweeping. I thought about trying to find another FZ-12 to put on a CZ 21 for in water use, but never did do that.