Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone using the G2 plus?

Sand dog

Don't see much posted about G2 plus. Is it a good machine for park hunting? Seems like it would be really good with the tone break and notch/notch width adjustment.

John

John------(IMO), the G2+ is a true "sleeper" machine.-----Not only is it a great park hunter but is a great relic & gold (nugget) detector also.-----I've said at different times that I don't think many people realize just how good of little detectors the G2+/F-19's are.------Light weight, lightning fast response, VERY accurate target I.D., acceptable depth, good run time (one 9v battery)----what's not to like??-----I've got both the G2+ and F-19 & they are going nowhere---except on a hunt with me!:)-----Yeah, it's probably true--you don't hear that much about them---but shhh let's just keep this secret between you & I.;)---------Del

A great machine. Does it all. This is one detector I'll keep for awhile. For old guys like me, it's also light weight . FT is one of a few companies that keeps the weight down.

Some will say the G2+ is not a coin hunter. It wasn't specifically designed for it unlike lower freq machines with more tone options. It's not perfect and I would say not for everybody but I simply like mine because I understand what it says to me. This is from last weekend with an F19 (same as G2+ with different color scheme and hand grip configuration) in a bad dirt school yard.

I like it as it is but if it had tone options, boost (i'd really like sensitivity to go to 110 to gain a bit more depth in bad dirt), threshold and live phase value in discrimination mode it would be my dream machine.

The only thing that can be annoying about it compared to my F5 is that it tends to be so sensitive to lower conductors that it hits hard on small foil bits, can slaw pieces, mini washers, etc. Stuff that my F5 ignores or just sputters on. If you want to search for gold in a trashy park with this machine, be prepared to be on your knees most of the time... :)

I just wanted to add that with the V-Break option the machine can become a good coin hunter if you don't want to dig everything. You can set the volume at 10 to kill all the iron signals and then adjust V-Break to anywhere you want. In my case the copper penny range usually starts at about 75-76 so I can adjust the break at 70 or so and only hunt for modern clad or silver coins which all fall above that for me. As I understand it the V-Break will not affect depth like raising discrimination would.

I'm a newbie but I have one and am finding lots of stuff. No problem finding coins and some jewelry. Found a Kennedy half dollar yesterday. A few nice silver rings but still waiting on my first gold.