Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone want to share Programs for HF coils

Look for Calabash Digger and his pitch program for hf coils. Its not too complicated, but it is operates like a VCO, which is a nice way to have good targets stick out in iron or just a nice way to have shallow targets jump out.

What are you hunting and where do you primarily hunt? That is going to determine which program you should choose.

CS

Digger 45 said:
Coins and jewelry at parks, schools and ball parks
Gary B's sprite and sifter programs.

I don't think you can assign a specific program to a frequency.
A lot depends on your desired target and ground conditions.
Based on the feedback all of my custom programs will work well on any frequency.
I always encourage people to tweak my settings to suit their needs.

Gary-B said:
I don't think you can assign a specific program to a frequency.
A lot depends on your desired target and ground conditions.
Based on the feedback all of my custom programs will work well on any frequency.
I always encourage people to tweak my settings to suit their needs.
I can't believe that I got you to post a response ! If his experience turns out anything like my mine was with the elliptical coil for coin shooting the same type of areas that he mentioned that he hunted. He will give up using the high frequency to hunt those types of areas but I hope he doesn't sell it before he realizes and becomes a older coin site/relic hunter.. Hindsight is 20/20 but at the time I couldn't help but to think I've got to get rid of this coil and get on with finding as much clad as possible.Nothing is carved in stone and everyone is different, mileage may vary greatly.

So is the HF Coil better than the X35 Coil that came with my machine? or maybe I should say being a coin shooter will I get any extra milage out of an HF Coil being I have the X35?

If I were a coin shooter the X35 is what I would be using...but I hunt relics and favor the HF coils. Andy's book on the deus has good info in it...

If i have learned one thing about metal detectors is that you need to spend time on any machine and coils before you decide that you made a mistake on buying a certain model or brand. The HF coil is a great little coil, i didn't think so the first time out, the second time out it seemed better, the tenth time out and some program adjusting and it became a great little coil. Not one i will use for every hunt but will have it with me on all hunts for the times that i need it. It hunts deep and gets into places you can't with the 11" coil separates out iron and that is why i bought it.