Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Apex question.............

James/Washington

Is anyone else having false hits on the Apex? I do not mean a little noise, I mean a good, hard hitting, loud hit. Then when you go back over the spot, there is nothing there. This happens on every 3rd or 4th swing and is a great bother to me. I have tried every trick I know to stop this, but nothing has stopped it from happening. I have ground balanced, lowered sensitivity, tried a frequency shift, changed from multi to single frequency. I am not a newbie and have been detecting since 1971 and have had many detectors. I really like the Apex, other than this, and want to keep it as a backup/loaner, but this falsing is really a bother to me.

Is anyone else having false hits on the Apex? I do not mean a little noise, I mean a good, hard hitting, loud hit. Then when you go back over the spot, there is nothing there. This happens on every 3rd or 4th swing and is a great bother to me. I have tried every trick I know to stop this, but nothing has stopped it from happening. I have ground balanced, lowered sensitivity, tried a frequency shift, changed from multi to single frequency. I am not a newbie and have been detecting since 1971 and have had many detectors. I really like the Apex, other than this, and want to keep it as a backup/loaner, but this falsing is really a bother to me.
Try moving the cable close to the coil or at the control housing I had two machiines in a row that did the se thing as what you are saying.

I had a problem also but mine was cured by simply making sure the coil connector was tight. Hope it's something simple.

I have the same issue tried everything issue not resolved a lot of chatter when on parks ground not as much at the beach