Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are any of the folk's out there that tested the ATX that can answer question?

THE HARDEST SPOT I NEED TO LOOK IS POSSIBLE TO FIND GOLD BARS. I say hardest bc it in a larger area to cover.

bearkat4160 said:
Stop being so negative Adrian...what has got into you man? Geez...

I am not trying to be negative about the ATX, I am trying to get some real information about the capabilities of this detector.
I recall only to well the issues that occured with the AT Pro and the Infinium after release. Issues that were not made evident at the time of pre release videos.
As it turned out the Infinium went on to become a great metal detector but it made a lot of enemies in the teething time along the way as did the AT Pro.

The ATX has demonstrated that it can find small gold and give a nice sharp clear signal on these nuggs, It appears to be able to be scanned much faster than the Infinium and still detect the small nuggs and it goes deep.
This is all good positive stuff. But if the detector hits on hot rocks that give a signal like gold (Which it seems to do)then some means of getting rid of the hot rock signal while retaining the gold signal has to be available otherwise I can see a lot of small gold being misidentified as a hot rock.

I like what i seen it do in getting a tru hot rock , not a cold rock , to go silent so this says somthing about its abilities, and that is one good thing it can do , and this will find good targets whear others can not . it is militar grade , and you better be a marine to swing that 6 pounds, around for hours

Signal eddy currents from very small gold decay away quickly as does the signals from iron mineralisation.
So if you set the delay timings where small gold can be detected then you will also catch the iron mineralisation therefore some other means is needed to isolate the gold signals from the iron mineralisation.
You will notice that with the Minelab GPX series that ground mineralisation creates a lot of noise when the detectors are set to respond to very small gold in high iron mineralisation. So it will be interesting to see how the ATX deals with iron minerals when searching for small gold. There is no doubt that the this detector signals very well on fine gold. and in my opinion from what I have seen in the vids that are available on youtube, appears to be much sharper and clearer than the MLs.