Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are any of the folk's out there that tested the ATX that can answer question?

Jim Robertson

Before I make that investment there is a lot I would like to know. Like will it pick up a small gold chain? I saw how it did with a very small nugget. Also how does it do in black sand and salt water. I am like everyone else always looking for the next best thing in detecting. Thanks Jim

I don't believe it is available at the moment.

I am sure there were folk's out there in the salt water and that red hot dirt in Northern Va. also in the desert. I hope one of them would get on board and respond to all of our questions. I don't may will shell out that much money with out some videos and some post on how it is doing in the field.

Jim Robertson said:
I am sure there were folk's out there in the salt water and that red hot dirt in Northern Va. also in the desert. I hope one of them would get on board and respond to all of our questions. I don't many will shell out that much money with out some videos and some post on how it is doing in the field.

Most field testers have to sign a nondisclosure agreement to not say anything about a new unit until the company says it is OK, so I don't expect any new news until it is released to the public. :shrug:

The ATX is not attracting huge interest in Australia and I think the pre release video has not helped sales in any way at all.
By the time a new product is ready for the market any video about the item should display the full capability of the product and not simply give glimpse. As it is the pre release vid tells/shows us nothing of any significance.

And now what we have got is a situation where lot of people asking if anybody has tried one in the gold fields. What is it like ? can it find nuggets in extreme hot ground? Does the iron disc work to the depth of the target? can it handle salty ground? Can it find tiny sub gram gold in hot ground etc, etc.
All of these questions should have been answered very clearly in the pre Release vid.

Fishers Ghost said:
The ATX is not attracting huge interest in Australia and I think the pre release video has not helped sales in any way at all.
By the time a new product is ready for the market any video about the item should display the full capability of the product and not simply give glimpse. As it is the pre release vid tells/shows us nothing of any significance.

And now what we have got is a situation where lot of people asking if anybody has tried one in the gold fields. What is it like ? can it find nuggets in extreme hot ground? Does the iron disc work to the depth of the target? can it handle salty ground? Can it find tiny sub gram gold in hot ground etc, etc.
All of these questions should have been answered very clearly in the pre Release vid.

Agree completely.........

It's like seeing all the new new car advertisements....."comes with Bluetooth, SATNAV, seat warmers, coffee maker........"

Yes, but what's it like to drive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????????

I do not know.....I cannot know........but my instinct is that it will not compete against the Minelab "big guns" as far as performance goes.
Ergonomically there is much to like with the ATX. Yes I am speculating at this stage and if I am wrong then there would be no one happier than myself.....:crylol:

HH
Tony.

The ATX did respond well to the tiny gold nugg in the vid but I think detecting very small gold chains of 3 or 4 grams and around 6 inches in length (ankle chains)is a big ask for any PI metal detector including the ML PIs.
It will be great for the beach detectorists if the ATX can achieve that because then they will not then need to bring a HF IB VLF along.

Fishers Ghost said:
The ATX did respond well to the tiny gold nugg in the vid but I think detecting very small gold chains of 3 or 4 grams and around 6 inches in length (ankle chains)is a big ask for any PI metal detector including the ML PIs.
It will be great for the beach detectorists if the ATX can achieve that because then they will not then need to bring a HF IB VLF along.

They should have shown the ATX detecting that bit of gold in the ground. There is no ground effect with air testing and we all know the ground has an effect on performance.

Teasers are nothing new in the advertising world. The purpose is to generate interest, discussion and speculation about a new product. To that end, Garrett, like it or not, has done a fine job.
To point, since the video's release, the detector has now has its own forum!
From a marketing perspective the whole thing has been very effective.
Now let's see what the buzz is after some real-world testing.
Note to Garrett: Come mid-October get this bad boy on dealer shelves and don't release just release a second teaser video ala M*nelab's rollout of the CTX! Marketing is a powerful tool but it has it's limits!

Yes discussion and interest has been generated but from what I have seen it is largely negative. due to the price and the lack of real performance info in the video.
If Garrett wait much longer people are going to switch of the detector completely.
In Australia the machine is going to RTL at around 3.5 to 4 grand AUST so before I will even look at it I need to know that it has better all round performance than a second hand GPX4500

Fishers Ghost said:
Yes discussion and interest has been generated but from what I have seen it is largely negative. due to the price and the lack of real performance info in the video.
If Garrett wait much longer people are going to switch of the detector completely.
In Australia the machine is going to RTL at around 3.5 to 4 grand AUST so before I will even look at it I need to know that it has better all round performance than a second hand GPX4500

I agree that the price was not in the bracket I expected it to be. I hoped for around the $2000 au mark, but since the Infinium went up by about $400 in Australia a few months ago it probably should have been a warning that the price of the ATX was going to be well above the $2000 mark.

It seems that Garrett are following the trend of putting on an Australian hike to the price (like the Sony PlayStation 4 and others), even factoring our 10% GST and the falling Australian dollar against the greenback the ATX is still going to cost more than it would in the US.

I have compared the Infinium in Australian goldfields against ML 4000, 4500, 5000 and found it not in the same class, especially on small gold. I like and still use my Infinium and really hope that the ATX has closed the gap. However I will be waiting for some real feedback before I contemplate buying one at the Australian price.

Dave

I will not be trading my Infinium for an ATX. The Infinium is a far to versatile detector to just toss it away.
There is still no other metal detector on the planet that can do all that the infinium can do anywhere on land to the salty sea.
I have bragged about my Infinium for a few years now and I see no reason to change any of what I have said about this detector.
If I have to I might flog all of my other detectors in order to get an ATX, but first I need to know exactly what the ATX is capable of.

Fishers Ghost said:
I will not be trading my Infinium for an ATX. The Infinium is a far to versatile detector to just toss it away.
There is still no other metal detector on the planet that can do all that the infinium can do anywhere on land to the salty sea.
I have bragged about my Infinium for a few years now and I see no reason to change any of what I have said about this detector.
If I have to I might flog all of my other detectors in order to get an ATX, but first I need to know exactly what the ATX is capable of.

Hi Adrian
I know from your previous posts that your Infinium appears to be an extraordinary one and is able to detect much smaller gold than I and others can. If the ATX can detect small gold at deeper depth and with the advantages of larger coil then I would certainly consider replacing the Infinium with it.

The disadvantages with the ATX are really only in that it is only waterproof to ten feet (no problem for me) and the cost which is an issue.

I will just have to wait and see what reports come in from forum members who have had some time with it in the field before I make a descision.
Dave

Hi guys, I asked Warren from NQ Explorers for some feedback and this is his reply.

This is the response to your request on the new ATX - fine to share this on the forum if you like mate - I have cleared it with Garrett.

Rick,

We were privileged to be involved with the Garrett team field testing the new ATX Pulse Induction metal detector in Australia.
This is a fantastic new piece of kit - built to military specifications (note that it is not the AML-1000, it just utilises the same casing). It has been tested and tuned in Australia by the Garrett Engineers, with particular attention to smooth performance in highly mineralized Aussie soils that we typically encounter in our goldfields.
The unique new design of the stock DD provides a really sensitive 'hot spot' on the coil for detecting very small gold. All in all a very rugged, quality build that will be great in our goldfields - particularly with the larger 20" monoloop coil which can cover a lot of ground when prospecting. The unit is well-balanced even with the big coil - it comes with a bungee sling so is very easy to swing.

The ATX is fully waterproof so keep detecting when it is raining - and economical to operate with the 8 AA batteries. It has a built-in speaker or you can use the headphones if you so desire. There will be more videos of the ATX coming soon with further details.

Happy Prospecting Everyone!
NQ Explorers
Warren and Colleen.

I was hoping it would use standard headphone jack, not like the Infinium's.

Oh boy.
I was afraid of that.
More videos.
Wake me when the dust settles and the discrimination question is answered.
I'll likely get one,
but as of now I'm getting weary of the idea of doing this whole pre-dance dance again.
How about this-
one video is enough. Keep the rest and just get the thing on dealer shelves!
Im not saying I've permanently lost interest, but I'm not as impulsive as I was a week ago.

Stop being so negative Adrian...what has got into you man? Geez...

Hello everybody!! I'm new to gold detecting and the ATX is going to be my first detector.I have over 6 hot spots where i need to look for buried gold. its a very high mineralized area and I really hope the ATX work well in such soil. I'm planning to purchase the bigger coil also so i can reach depths of 10 ft.
So what i really wanted to know, is this the best detector for me? Nobody has ever taken a good detector where I'm going but all the rocks have metal in them and black sand will cover a magnet if you drag it. If anything is out there it will be buried at least 3ft.