Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are DFX and V3 coils interchangable?

DFX USER

I've just added a V3 to my arsenal. I have an Eclipse 5.3 coil with my DFX and I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not it is interchangable with the V3? I haven't tried it yet as I figured someone out there will know if both the DFX and the V3 use identical 5.3 Eclipse coils. Your help is appreciated.

The coils will work fine on the V3. You will have slightly higher VDI readings in the 22.5 range. Sensitivity settings will have to be slightly lower to accommodate the improper null. I use a Bigfoot all the time with the V3. It does quite well. I have slowly upgraded all my coils to V ratings. I would hold off for just awhile before you start buying V coils though. I think Whites will have a solution to the null shifting issues soon.

Jack

Some will work fine and some will not. I use a SEF 10X12 and it works OK, just can't run it too hot, maybe RX 7-8 and no Boost. This seems to be the caracteristique of most non-V rated coils. I have heard of some non-V coils that work with Boost too but I think your ground conditions would be a factor. One known problem with the Bigfoot is inaccurate VDI's in the nickel range from the 22.5 channel. It seems to work fine in single frequency 2.5 and 7.5 though. I suggest trying them and see if they work for you, don't think you would hurt anything.

I use all the coils that I used on my MXT I just can't run the TX boost (deep silver program ). I really can't see any sense in buying a new arsenal of coils it's just tooooo expensiver.

Thanks for the input guys. I guess form what everyone is saying the DFX search coils should work on the V3 so I will give it a try. I'm still curious to know if the Eclipse 5.3 coil that is for sale for the V3 is the same exact Eclipse 5.3 coil that is sold for the DFX?

Rob

All V rated coils will work on the DFX, M6, and MXT as well as the V3/V3i. Same exact coil....no...the V rated coils have been optomised and nulled to get the best from the V. Will it make the DFX work better? White's say no.

I was very lucky in having my DFX 6x10 handling TX Boost but don't feel pressured to worry about the others yet as they work fine without. Opps... I lied.... did go for the 5.3/V-Nulled...... it's a real important primary coil for me.