Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are either of XP's backpacks any good?

abcoin

I recently took a look at the specs for XP's new 240 backpack to try to figure out what makes it different from the 280. The 240 is roughly one-third the price of the 280, but it isn't clear why that is based on the information I could find online.

Are either of them worth it? Or is there a better option out there for carrying around a Deus and some basic accessories?

I recently took a look at the specs for XP's new 240 backpack to try to figure out what makes it different from the 280. The 240 is roughly one-third the price of the 280, but it isn't clear why that is based on the information I could find online.

Are either of them worth it? Or is there a better option out there for carrying around a Deus and some basic accessories?

I purchased an army duffle bag from an army surplus dealer for 39.95. It can be converted into a backpack. All the places I hunt are easily accessible. If not I can use the backpack option. The XP backpacks look very handy to me.I will use what I saved to off set the cost of a 9 inch coil for Deus 2 later when they are available or perhaps invest in a Legend or Nox 800.

I have the 280 backpack and its really well made and plenty of room for other things along with detector, It’s perfect for carrying detector through the woods or just packing it to go somewhere
I agree with Old Iron. The 280 is a very well made pack. I cram a lot of gear in it when I am solo detecting out in the woods in the winter. Lot of compartments to keep things organized. It was a bit pricey but it really is top of the line. No regrets for me.

280 is awesome for big outings, even loaded it’s super comfy and feels lighter bc of the waist strap. Another perfect option is a multi racket tennis racket bag. Look up on eBay. They open from top and you can fit Deus -2 coils, headphones, mini shovel. They’re light and fastest to deploy and pack. You will have to add backpack straps bc they only have a shoulder strap.

I bought a high end osprey at a pawn shop for $25.00 they wanted $45.00 its a $250.00 pack new works great!
Mark

Have you used the either of the XP packs?
No, but... a backpack is a backpack to an extent. Think about the markup by the time XP gets it, designs it, ships it out, vs a bag on amazon they sell thousands of them.

Here is one of the ones I bought. I can carry 2 detectors on it, if I wish.

Huntvp 10L/20L Mini Daypack Military MOLLE Backpack Rucksack Gear Tactical Assault Pack Bag for Hunting Camping Trekking
by Omaluck
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EJHAEO6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_GG8C7E35RSSTYZ6PN5XW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon has tons of backpacks, many better, and a lot cheaper!
I can agree that many on Amazon are a lot cheaper. But if you have never used the XP backpack how can you say "many are better"? I am sure your Huntvp suits you fine but it is too small for my liking and it lacks many of the features the XP packs offer. I've never had one of those Huntvp packs so I can't really compare its build quality to the XP pack. But if you re happy with your $24 pack that is all that really matters.

No, but... a backpack is a backpack to an extent. Think about the markup by the time XP gets it, designs it, ships it out, vs a bag on amazon they sell thousands of them.

Here is one of the ones I bought. I can carry 2 detectors on it, if I wish.

Huntvp 10L/20L Mini Daypack Military MOLLE Backpack Rucksack Gear Tactical Assault Pack Bag for Hunting Camping Trekking
by Omaluck
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EJHAEO6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_GG8C7E35RSSTYZ6PN5XW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

You can fit a Deus in one of those? It's only 14" tall!

I've been using an XP back pack for awhile. I have no idea which one I have. Bought it from Colonial. I used with with the XPD1 and it held 4 coils, Pin P, hand trowel and pretty much everything I needed. Now it holds the XPD2 with both coils just fine.

i have cut 3 inches off the stem and can now get it into a small backpack as 240 is ok but prefer lighter ...cost of smal bag is minimal

I can agree that many on Amazon are a lot cheaper. But if you have never used the XP backpack how can you say "many are better"? I am sure your Huntvp suits you fine but it is too small for my liking and it lacks many of the features the XP packs offer. I've never had one of those Huntvp packs so I can't really compare its build quality to the XP pack. But if you re happy with your $24 pack that is all that really matters.
the $24 one is "convenient". Small, light, easy to handle , just like the Deus 2. It allows me to carry my pointer, another detector, and a few other things. there's a certain point where, if you have to load up a whole heavy backpack up to go metal detecting, it's turning into work. And.. I hardly know it's on my back, it's that small! But it does what I want.

As for build quality.... you are paying for a specialized product that cost a lot to make with the XP pack, vs these other backpacks sold in the 10's of thousands, which brings there per unit cost down. You are not necessarily paying for quality, you are paying for a low production specialized product.

Any number of backpacks will work, do the same thing... but then why did you buy the Deus? Many detectors will do the same thing as well..

Any number of backpacks will work, do the same thing... but then why did you buy the Deus? Many detectors will do the same thing as well..
No other detector is in that weight range, with a wireless remote.

On the other hand, other companies who are selling back packs in higher quantities, because it's not a little niche market like Metal Detectors are, can offer a better product at a lower price.

No other detector is in that weight range, with a wireless remote.

On the other hand, other companies who are selling back packs in higher quantities, because it's not a little niche market like Metal Detectors are, can offer a better product at a lower price.
But since you have never owned one, you are just speculating on the quality of the XP pack when you say others can offer a better product at a lower cost.