Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are Pre Order Numbers Large?

Clad2Hunt

Curiosity has got me with all the hype. Its been almost 90 days since we got to see the Equinox. So dealers how many pre orders have you taken or a ball park number if to sensitive of info? I have decided to wait and see with having a E Trac and Excal II.

I know that most, if not all, of the online dealers stopped taking pre-orders, supposedly because they are worried that they won't get enough detectors to fill them. I wonder if there are any dealers still taking pre-orders?

Looks like Kellyco is still taking back orders.

Bill B. said:
Thanks for that. I just got on their list. They said I am in the "second 100."
Wow, I think I'm around #16 on RT6's preorder list and I didn't jump on the bandwagon as soon as they were announced...at least I don't think I did. I just checked and I preordered on the 9/19.

Bill B. said:
Thanks for that. I just got on their list. They said I am in the "second 100."

Actually I thought there would be more than that, but guess they are only one dealer. I pre-ordered from them Oct 10th... have no idea where I'm at on the list.

I ordered on Sept. 30th from a smaller dealer and it sounds like mine will be in the second shipment. Anyway he said the first ones were spoken for.

If you have no money down but are on the list.... worst case u find out from those that get them to save you money. This I think would get ML on the stick to send as many as possible

I'm getting tired of not knowing when this thing will be available. I'm thinking of pulling trigger on the DEUS for my xmas present.

Charlives said:
I'm getting tired of not knowing when this thing will be available. I'm thinking of pulling trigger on the DEUS for my xmas present.

Trouble is if the pre orders that are not under contract such as a non refundable deposit there will be many dupe orders.
The dealers will have to be cautious not to order to many & get stuck with a years worth ! Inventory can be a very
bad thing. It drives down profits & has put many out of biz.

So a grain of salt as to the numbers. Lots of buzz & orders but if the smallest thing goes wrong it can be a real mess.
Even ML has to be careful NOT to build to many to fast.

Tom
LFOD !

TomNH said:
Trouble is if the pre orders that are not under contract such as a non refundable deposit there will be many dupe orders.
The dealers will have to be cautious not to order to many & get stuck with a years worth ! Inventory can be a very
bad thing. It drives down profits & has put many out of biz.

So a grain of salt as to the numbers. Lots of buzz & orders but if the smallest thing goes wrong it can be a real mess.
Even ML has to be careful NOT to build to many to fast.

Tom
LFOD !

I don't think many dealers operate like that. Even ones that didn't demand for a "pre-order" will still likely require payment before order. Since these will almost certainly be in a series of small releases, if one pre-order backs out, there are plenty more waiting behind to lay down their cash for an incoming detector. The majority of dealers don't operate on the principle of "stocking shelves". They put in orders with their regional distributor who 99% of the time drop-ships to the customer. The dealer gets his money, the distributor gets his sales and the customer gets a detector in the mail in a couple days. Its a win for everybody (except for the old business model stores who have all died off by now)

A dealer near me is taking orders but you do not have to pay up first because he said he does not want to have people prepay because he and no other dealer knows for sure when
They will receive them and when they do he will send out a email and it’s first come first serve basis with payment..

Ive got one pre-ordered as well.:clapping:

Southwind said:
Reserved my order in mid September. No money required.

Same here. I'm 11th on a list with my local guy. Wouldn't be surprised if each dealer only receives a few units on first shipment and a bunch of us are waiting a long time. As long as Minelab gets it out of the gate with no issues it should be worth the wait.

Jason in Enid said:
Charlives said:
I went ahead a got me a XP Deus when everyone first started to orders and almost found enough to pay for the XP. I am glad I didn,t wait, now I can get the Equs when it gets out.

I have 22 ordered for customers and I tell them that if they can get one sooner from another dealer to do it.. ... Number on the initial order is unknown. On the Pro-Find 35, I was only able to get one the first go around. Richard

So Richard..... how many people do you think have Pre Ordered from more than one dealer? I dont think it will be a big issue...... but it will change the numbers. The dealers left holding these machine shouldnt have to worry about selling them at listed price. The first run to me ...... im betting is a test sample for software up dates and to get some out there anyway since some have been on a list since Sept.

Shouldn't have a problem selling all of them if them come out without bugs. You know the dealer will keep one and then it will go to hunting buddies first. Its just the pecking order. lol Just a guess but I thinking its going to take at least 1500 units just to satisfy the demand in the states on first run.