Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are the wireless headphones for the Kruzer waterproof as well?

No. The following is from page 4 of the User Manual:

-----------------------------------------
The Kruzer comes with 2.4 GHz wireless headphones. The wireless headphones are NOT
waterproof.

The wireless connection will work as long as the system box of the device is not submerged
in the water. In other words, you can use your wireless headphones while searching in
shallow water with the coil submerged underwater. Please remember though that the
wireless headphones should not contact with water.
---------------------------------------

mtdoramike,
When you say "waterproof" do you mean if you caught out in the rain or to submerge underwater?

The last email I had with Makro last week stated waterproof headphones will be available in April. They will be wired.

"Waterproof" to me means submersible. Only 100% water machines like CZ-21, Excalibur II etc come with waterproof (corded) headphones. Do they even make a waterproof Bluetooth headphone? I've never seen one and can't find it in a search, if there is I'm sure someone will correct me.

Great, that was going to be my next question was if the wireless aren't water proof, then what would one use to detect under the water. I used an AT pro for a while and was able to get the headphones wet while detecting at depths of 6-8 feet.

Garrett AT pro uses the blue water proof headphones, yes they were wired and you could switch back and forth from waterproof to land use headphones if you had both.

Water media stops the transmission of the radio frequency so submerging the control head of any detector stops the wireless communication.

Did you know the Kruzer has a vibration feature in the handle that can be used to alert you that the the coil is over the target even if you are under water? Some think this is great for underwater use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNfviMdto5c