Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are these Audiosears?

S

stoneshirt

Hello,everyone.
I just put a bunch of work into my Excal Blue.Now I will built a new set of headphones for it.I have my 16Yr. old Grey Ghosts NDT,that I've been using on my Explorer XS.I opened them up out of curiosity,since I had tried them Temporally on the Excal, on the Beach for a few Days,and started finding lots of small stuff,I was impressed.These look to me like the Audiosears that OBN speaks highly of.I'm thinking of robbing them,and putting them into some headphone Shells I got for some in the Water,Head phones.

I have been hoping that OBN would someday reveal some of his secrets on designing a Chamber for Piezos.Since they are not "Ported",and there is very little movement of the "Diaphragm" is there need for much space behind the Piezo,in the "Sealed Chamber",,I would imagine the End to be sealed,facing outward would be of the thinnest material possible, to act as a "second Diaphragm"?...Com'on OB,your retired now,pass on your Knowledge.If you were to sell all your Detectors and take up Stamp Collecting all this Knowledge would be lost to us.
stoneshirt. For Posting.jpg

OBN has most if not all the mods out on line. Try this one that he posted for the speaker:

OBN has most if not all the mods out on line. Try this one that he posted for the speaker:
tvr...Hi.Thanks for that.I missed that One in my searches.I like that Goretex,but that would be out of reach,down here in Colombia.I need to find some kind of Membrane that will serve.I was surprised that he leaves no Space behind the Piezo,I'm guessing there is so little movement of the Diaphram,that there is no back pressure created behind the Piezo,that would inhibit it's response.?The last Pair I built,I was concerned with outside Noise,and decided to fill the Shells with that "Foam in a Can"..Ja ja, that was a mistakePICT0056.JPG,although it did make a Quiet set of phones.

OBN keeps pretty busy. He might answer some questions if you message him. One thought on goretex; is there any chance you could find an old rain coat that was made with some goretex that you could get inexpensively and cut up for material?

OBN keeps pretty busy. He might answer some questions if you message him. One thought on goretex; is there any chance you could find an old rain coat that was made with some goretex that you could get inexpensively and cut up for material?
tvr.....Bam! The first thought that went through my head is "tvr,we don't have Rain Coats down here.we use Umbrellas'.Ha! how about that?
UMBRELLA Material...Why not? I would guess they are Some kind of treated Nylon,Just wonder about the Life of the Material? I won't be diving,just chest deep,and with a little luck they should'nt get soaked very often.There's no thrift Shops within 100 miles of here.Thanks for triggering these thoughts....stoneshirt.Some Boots use Goretex for the Tongue Material also.

There go!! UMBRELLA....(y) just may work perfect. I would double the cover. Sorry for the delay, Seems the older I get the less time I have. And Thank You TVR for the back up..(y)

There go!! UMBRELLA....(y) just may work perfect. I would double the cover. Sorry for the delay, Seems the older I get the less time I have. And Thank You TVR for the back up..(y)

"Seems the older I get the less time I have."...Seems to be a Common "sensation" ..The psychologist need to explain this to us.
[/QUOTE]