Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Arm Cuff Padding

morelic1955

Just curious why their detectors do not have the inner armcuff foam?

Just curious why their detectors do not have the inner armcuff foam?
Deep Tech is not the only Manufacturer that does not put padding in their arm Cuffs Garrett, Nokta and a few others, you would think on a $4000 detector like the Axiom Garrett would have at least thrown in some padding for the arm cuff, Nokta does not include padding for the arm cuff either on the Legend, or Simplex models, I think its the norm anymore for the manufactures to take short cuts on simple things like the padding in the arm cuffs, and coil bolts and washers as well as coil skid plates.

I called up Garrett to order some extra coil mounting hardware (Coil Bolts and Rubber washers) and was quoted almost $34 for those three little parts for my Axiom and I literally almost choked on my coffee, Garrett has since re thought the pricing for those three little parts and lowered the price to $10.99, but to me those three little parts should be included with each coil and I had just purchased the 16x14 Mono coil at $400 for the Axiom

Last edited:
I have added a layer of the soft pile side of 2" Velcro to several of my detectors' arm rest, including the Vista X. You can also use closed cell foam padding tape

FYI DeepTech Makes Both Cover for Box and Arm Cuff and Fit Perfect and Cheap. Richard at Backwoods Detectors in Tn. I used Arm Rest not due weight of Vista-X but due sweat from arm ect

Attachments

• deeptechreloicmachines308392521_3241196152836477_7248394497726847644_n.jpg
    deeptechreloicmachines308392521_3241196152836477_7248394497726847644_n.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 15
While using, I can’t tell the difference between my F75 with padding and my Deus, Vanquish, and Legend without. I don’t see the big deal about it.