Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Armour plated my coil today!!

Maui Mike

I armour plated my coil today. Took 3 tubes of marine epoxy.It should be able to with stand heavy scratches from stuff in water now. Thanks to the pirates who told me how. Mikey :thumbsup:

Mike...is the stuff easy to work with ? Does it stay pretty pliable and easy to spread for a while or do you have to hurry to get it on the coil before it starts to harden up ?

I want to do this to my CZ coils.

Thanks,

JC

Don't put it on the top Guy! Now it won't get the satilite transmissions from the surf gods in the sky! Your screwed Bubb! Throw it away and buy a new one. :rolleyes: Geesh!

Why this permanent heavy epoxy is better than replaceable coil covers that are cheap and replaceable easily?

Black sand gets under the coil covers, right away in my situation.And not heavy to me.:detecting:

Well buckeroo, it works just dandy still!! and now is Bulletproof!!Mattockman you may not know the other pro's who had done this already.. be well shaka Mikey:detecting:

Sounds like my wife!! she would agree with yah!..lol shaka :thumbup: Mikey

I found that automotive undercoater works real well. Just spray it to the bottom of coil and let set over night. Two or three coats if need. will last a long time.
Digadime69. PS - NO mess.