Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Army Good Conduct Medal

I had a great day with my Excal wading in the river with my chest waders on. I found a nice 1926 Mercury Dime and what looks to be an 1876 half dime along with a lot of clad and a nice earring.

The most interesting thing I found was an Army good conduct medal. I find a lot of civil war relics here where I hunt and I thought it was civil war related, but when I searched the net trying to ID it I found it was an Army good conduct medal. Neat find, but I really wish I could locate the owner. It looks like it has been there a while though, so I guess finding an owner is very unlikely.

It dosent have any ID info to bad , It would make the person verry Happy, WTG Pam , Mickfin

Look like this? One of my last dirt hunts I found this, this one has a name. Tried looking to find the owner on the net and checked the owners of the land, nothing.....more then happy to return it to the family if I could locate. Not sure the age or how long ago it was lost....found in a corn field, Davidsonville Maryland

Good going Pam your Thought was good, WTG , Mickfin

5 years ago I found the metal above, and after thinking about where I found it, it was next to the corn field under some trees, I had checked around then............nothing on him............thought I would do alittle research......today....................God Bless his soul, a WW II vet...was going to try and locate the family but I think I will just take a ride down to his Grave site and bury it by the head stone. Internet is amazing, got his Hs picture, and location

good on you matey !!!! :clap: that must be so gratifying for you to be able to bring them together again after all the years apart . It seems a shame that with such an unusual surname you cant find his family I'm sure they would be delighted to keep the Medal or be present at the graveside to witness the reuniting .:please:
I get a lot of Kudos when I return a lost wedding ring , but this is just something else !! :thumbup:
well done:) Tony Weston :ukflag:

Thats cool Joe, thanks for sharing.

BCOOP

great job joe..
god bless you.....just awesome job..
thanks
john....usaf vet.....

I would look for the family before burying this with the original owner. perhaps there is a member of the family that had a closer relationship with Teunis and has little to remember him by. The dead can not use the medal, but the living can cherish it and the memories it will stir. Just my two cents worth

Man I am almost teary eyed at the honor you have shown. There are still good people out there and I see them often in here. Good things are in store for you in your actions you have shown.

OBN, what a great story on the good conduct medal you found. I think you should try to find his relatives to give it to. I live in Ca., but will try to find some relatives through the internet for you. Having served 30 years in the military I appreciate what you are trying to do. GH, Don