Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

As a Dealer, I get a lot of ......

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
[size=large]customers who buy a CTX or an E-TRAC and they don't keep them long because of the weight. They love the machine but maybe it a bad shoulder, arthritis, etc...hopefully, this could be the answer to those users. A lot of us are up in years and can't swing a heavy detector for a long time like we used to. My only reservation about the Equinox is that I am afraid the supply is going to be very slow in coming and there will be a long wait to fill everybody's order.. Best to all and HH, Richard[/size]

I feel as you do that if this detector really takes off there will be many that are not able to get one for a while. I feel it will be a winner and glad mine is a low number on those coming in from my dealer.
If this is like when I was a dealer I am sure Kellyco will get the first ones as they seem to have priority with Minelab, no dealer will get their full order right away and feel some will not until later in 2018 before their full shipment will be filled.
I am sure there will be some that try it for a day or so and sell theirs as it is not what they wanted as they have to lean them a bit and dont have the patience to do that, so there will be some on the classified. They will probably go for a price close to new for those that didnt pre order and now wants to try one.
Maybe Minelab too could be sure to have many built before releasing them so dealers can get a good supply in too, let hope that this will be a light detector that is good depth with great ID that will be close to the performance of the E-Trac or the 3030 as Minelab will have a winner for sure.

Rick

LOL,

I think heavy is the old Sovereign XS with the S rod, front mounted control box, SunRay DTI II or III meter, an S-1 pin pointer strapped on there somewhere, the older BBS 1000 coil or a WOT, and all of the cable to go with it. :help:

Ya, I'm looking forward to what the equinox has to offer as well; light of weight included. Looks like a pretty great detector with a lot of desirable features. I got on a wait list pretty early on, but at the moment, it is just a WAIT list and that's what we all seem to be doing.

Seems like an prolonged period of silence from Minelab.

Cheers to everybody out there also on the WAIT list. Here we sit anticipating 2018. :beers:

Rich (Utah)

I think some will trickle out Richard...... but im not sure thats a bad thing. It will give a larger group the chance to sample the software which may not be perfect yet. But at the same time get some of them on the street. We are getting pretty techie now and can update via the net. I also suspect ML will ensure those machines are in the hands of their distributors before a release date is given. A few in the right hands could reduce our frustrations in the long run.

Half the weight of a CTX...... got to be better thou nose heavy is never going away.

Hopefully released with-in the next two weeks.

If they trickle out, it wouldn't surprise me to see some 'used' units on the market for a premium over msrp.

Richard,

As veteran, I plan to use the Minelab 15% discount when I buy my next ML machine.

Can you (or somebody else who has used this program) explain how it actually works - step by step?

I understand that the discount is off the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) - is that correct?

How much do I actually pay the dealer when I order - the MAP (and get some kind of refund later) - or 85% of the MAP?

As a veteran I find the program to be very disingenuous. A good dealer will sell anyone a Minelab detector for more than 15% of MAP. So for them to say you get a special discount isn't true at all.

That's okay for filling orders late because it is Winter here in Michigan with snow on the ground.
I just want my Equinox before Spring comes. Patience is key here.

P.S. My E-trac is way way lighter than my Explorer XS. But I still like to get out with the XS. It still have killer depth.

Rick(ND) said:
no dealer will get their full order right away and feel some will not until later in 2018 before their full shipment will be filled.
Rick

I sure hope I don't have to wait too long.
I wouldn't mind getting mine around March after the ground has thawed here.

lytle78 said:
Richard,

As veteran, I plan to use the Minelab 15% discount when I buy my next ML machine.

Can you (or somebody else who has used this program) explain how it actually works - step by step?

I don't believe it's a actual Minelab discount. It's more of an approved by Minelab discount that dealers are authorized by ML to offer/give. As I'm sure you are aware dealers aren't allowed to offer the ML detectors for under the ML set price. Hence, all the "freebie add-ons" you see. But, if you call the dealers you will most likely get a better price. A dealer won't give you a better price and then add on the 15% military discount though. They make it sound like Minelab is being the good guys by offering the discount, when in reality that 15% comes out of the dealers pocket.

Sorry, but your post, while admittedly “coherent” is apparently incorrect.

A dealer I asked wasn’t sure either where the 15% cane from, so he checked with Minelab and was told that they rebate about half of the 15% to him in such cases - so the discount is “split” between ML and the dealer.

I’m still unclear,about the exact,sequence,of events however and what amount the buyer pays the dealer.

lytle78 said:
Sorry, but your post, while admittedly “coherent” is apparently incorrect.

A dealer I asked wasn’t sure either where the 15% cane from, so he checked with Minelab and was told that they rebate about half of the 15% to him in such cases - so the discount is “split” between ML and the dealer.

I’m still unclear,about the exact,sequence,of events however and what amount the buyer pays the dealer.

I was told the same thing Coherent posted, first hand by a dealer.

So we have 2 dealers who say that they have to “eat” the whole 15% - and one dealer - who told me that he wasn’t sure, then checked with Minelab - and came back and told me that he gets “about half” of the 15% back.

Sounds like Minelab has created considerable confusion about this matter. Does anyone have a written explanation from s might be even more mysterious than how many frequencies their detectors use! Lol.

I would like to find out - it’s a darned good deal for the veteran/active duty customers - you think that they would be anxious to clarify exactly how it works.

As a former Minelab dealer I feel as I said before that Minelab says the dealer can advertise a 15% discount to service members, but that is up to them to try and get more customer for the dealer. It is said in the contract you sign with Minelab that you can not advertise lower than the MAP price to keep everyone on a equal level. This is included any extra Minelab accessory's so you cant advertise a fee coil unless it is told all dealers can advertise this.
As many know when you call the dealer you can make different deals, but can not advertise or even E-Mail the price to someone they must call. I learned the hard way as I always gave a discount to those that E-Mailed me only to find out that one of the another dealer would always go lower when they are called.
I remembered one time when Minelab had a trade in program where the dealer could offer a $100 trade in for a Explorer or E-Trac if I remember correctly and we got to keep the trade in and Minelab would reduce our cost by $50, its been a while ago so I may be off a little on this, but just wanted to show you that they can offer a discount of 15% off MAP price to bring in some sales to Veterans and the dealer dont sell for the full MAP price, but in in most cases some dealer will get more than they normally sell for or maybe Minelab will knock a little off their next order as I am not sure on this Veteran discount how they do it.
The thing I say is trust your dealer to give you the right price, when I pre ordered my Equinox 800 I didnt ask the price, but told them to give me a decent price as I trusted them even though I never bought from then before, but never heard a complaint about prices from anyone.

Rick

lytle78 said:
So we have 2 dealers who say that they have to “eat” the whole 15% - and one dealer - who told me that he wasn’t sure, then checked with Minelab - and came back and told me that he gets “about half” of the 15% back.

I would like to find out - it’s a darned good deal for the veteran/active duty customers - you think that they would be anxious to clarify exactly how it works.

I think percentages aside, I believe (please note... my opinion and understanding, not hard facts) the most import aspect here is that if you "work out" a better than advertised price with a dealer, in most cases, that is going to be your best price. You won't get an additional 15% (or any percentage) off because you are a Vet. I tried and was given the explanation I stated (what I was told & believe) was the story behind the Military discount. I'm not a dealer so can't state facts, just what I was told by more than one dealer. I was able to get more than 15% off my last new Minelab detector purchase and the Military discount was not part of the deal. (And yes I did ask because hey, the more saved the merrier huh?). YMMV especially if you have a dealer that knows you and you are a regular customer. Good luck!

Andy Sabisch said in another post that he checked with Minelab and the 15% does NOT come out of the dealer pocket. Minelab absorbs it themselves.

I agree- to offer a military discount only off MSRP when the real world street price to any joe blow is already the same is disingenuous and insulting.

If a guy who has never got off the couch playing video games in his mom's basement can buy at a real world price from a dealer, then someone who has served & suffered for our country should get the discount off the real selling price.

Would I expect the dealers to have to take a loss on a sale for that? No. But if Minelab is the ones authorizing / advertising a 15% military discount, and taking the cut off themselves- then they should actually do that. Otherwise it is a advertising gimmick at best.

This holds true for ANY establishment that offers such a thing. Box stores, restaurants, etc. Either we've earned a true benefit or we haven't.

If any dealer is willing to do that- they will earn my business. Lets see who steps up to the plate and does the right thing, if any. :)

PowerDubs said:
Andy Sabisch said in another post that he checked with Minelab and the 15% does NOT come out of the dealer pocket. Minelab absorbs it themselves.

I agree- to offer a military discount only off MSRP when the real world street price to any joe blow is already the same is disingenuous and insulting.

If a guy who has never got off the couch playing video games in his mom's basement can buy at a real world price from a dealer, then someone who has served & suffered for our country should get the discount off the real selling price.

Would I expect the dealers to have to take a loss on a sale for that? No. But if Minelab is the ones authorizing / advertising a 15% military discount, and taking the cut off themselves- then they should actually do that. Otherwise it is a advertising gimmick at best.

This holds true for ANY establishment that offers such a thing. Box stores, restaurants, etc. Either we've earned a true benefit or we haven't.

If any dealer is willing to do that- they will earn my business. Lets see who steps up to the plate and does the right thing, if any. :)

Well said !
Where I worked all "dicounts" were explained, in writing & the customer told NOT to present it until AFTER the best deal was made.
That way there is no question of honesty. Once in a while you loose but thats part of biz. Happy customers come BACK !

Tom
LFOD !

Nobody is likely to get much discount off the Minimum Advertised Price of an Equinox anytime soon. Supply is zero and demand is high. The 15% discount represents a good opportunity to get a break on the price. Any experience of getting a better “deal” from a dealer when buying another ML Detector is probably not a good guide for the Equinox, at least not till initial demand is satisfied. A dealer would be pretty slow to “deal” when the next guy on the list wants to pay full price!

My original question was 2 parts - who “gives up” the 15%...

And EXACTLY what is the process - do I pay the dealer i5% of the MAP and it’s up to him and Minelab to work out the whole 15% thing?

So far we have two or three different answers to the first part, but....

Nobody has stepped up and answered the second part.

I can only speak for myself. I ordered and prepaid for my Equinox at the beginning of November. I received the 15% discount off retail at the time of purchase from the retailer I dealt with. I ended up prepaying $764.15 delivered. Who ends up footing the 15% discount was/is of no concern to me. As a Vet , I'm grateful to receive the discount. However, I believe the 15% discount comes from ML. A really big thanks.