Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

As always :starwars:rain go's a long way. silver today along with 30's coins and a ring

SWAMP HAWK

:garrett::cheers::wiggle:I went back to peoria today to try and find a little more silver for this month . I tried a yard next to my grandfathers home again and found a 1944 merc right off the bat.........and by that I mean I turned my beeper on and swung it 5 times BAM there it was. Then a few 30's wheats.......but the ring i found by a sidewalk threw me. It was OLD it had a nice stone in it but it was only silver plate. Still it was a size 5 beautiful relic from the yards my father and his brothers and sisters once played on. It made me smile and that was good enough for me. Tonight after dark i went out and found two wheats and a silver plate spoon. It say's crosby silver plate. Now this spoon was found in the bottom of a ditch. I have been digging in my front ditch's for 2 weeks and this is the 2nd spood pull i think. But this one was straight up and down. My beeper had gone over it a few times im shure.. . . . . . .. That rain boosted my digging rates today i tell ya! It took me a good 5 min straight trying to dig this sucker out.......but even though I was in a ditch I was able to make a hole that when I was done you could not even tell I was there.

I would like to share one more story with all the path members and the path followers. I had two days off last week and it was about heat index 103 both days. I needed to go out and do a little beeping. I had a friend that wanted me to do her yard. I told her about how dry the ground was but she had just moved in and was doing a lot of landscapping..................so I went................and I dug........................Tons of 80's hotwheels..................want to know how many????????????

31 cars!

Digging hotwheels is a little more fun to me then digging silvers. I know... you all might be thinking thats insaine but I love it!

The next day I decided I was going to try and gain permission to a home site that I had gaind acsess to about 12 years ago when I was just starting out. My friends andI had played ball on this field when I was a kid. And countless others had played on it going back to the late 40's. The area is about as large as two football fields. And no tree cover at all. I have found rings and one watch there years ago but that day I only found a hand full of clad includeing a few wheats. A toy from the 60's and 3 toothpaste tubes. . . . . . . . . .. . outside of a bathroom window!!!??? But you see when I pulled up to the house I was hit with a wave of nerves. I have not gone up to a door and asked permission to beep in years so I was freeked out. I dressed basic. And I wore my hair under a hat with my path shirt on. When the lady that owned the home came to the door she was in a wheel chair. Her husband that I had knew had passed on. She had about 6 dog's. . . . none of them liked me. I was asked to come into the home and I went into my rant about the yard. she said yes but b4 all of that we had a great descusion about the neiborhood and the yard......... that in my childhood was legandary. I felt like we made eachothers days. The journey is the destination.

If only It could rain for a longer amount of time.
I hope all of you are digging safe in this heat and rocking and rolling tough!

dig in the dark

SWAMP HAWK !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Great story. Either you started very young, or you are older than you look.

It sounds like that field will keep you busy for years Luke, congratulations on the finds too.

I agree Dave, it is hard to believe that Luke is really 49 years old............:biggrin:

That's a lot of cars! And I do mean a "lot". Congrats on your finds and what a great story too. I bet that made her day with you coming in and talking to her. HH, Nancy

I started beeping when i was about 12 or 13 with my fathers coinmaster. I would break it down and haul it in a bookbag on my bike. I didnt go beeping for along time after i first moved out of the house. years l8r Here I am. fun stuff. im 28 but my bday is on ......uuuuughhhhhh the 19th

Do you need a table all your own for the FOM? Nice car find.

Luke we share a birthday. I'm only 9 years older. Happy birthday to us!!!!

I thought all of these young guns were 25 !! :confused: Is there a metal detector out there I can use with my walker. :sad:

Happy birthday to both of you guys...........:super:

Happy Happy Birthday to you guys also! Stay cool, Nancy

Happy birthday guy's. Sorry I'm late posting this.