Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Max

Recently did the factory trade in for a new AT Max. Been playing around with it at the local park and already like it better than the AT Pro. I'm about to hit the US Gulf coast and want to try it out on the beach; some of the videos show it to be a rather decent detector even in the surf. With my ATP I generally gave up on surf hunting and just used my Infinium. This looks like it may do the trick. Any of you ATM guys have any pointers or lessons learned for a newby ATM user at the beach?

I like my AT Max but have never hunted a Saltwater environment. I would have to just read it Users Manual for suggestions. Be prepared to need the Disc set up to foil at minimum and lower sensitivity than dry land. Ground Balance will be important.

Thanks. I've been reading the manual, checking out youtube videos, and going through some of the back discussions in here. My brain is getting full and starting to hurt... :)