Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT pro and Garrett submersible headphones question

Batman74

I'm considering purchasing an AT pro to use as a relic machine. However I would also like to use it at the beach in wet sand/ ankle deep water. I also would like to use submersible headphones with it. My question is this how if using these headphones do you adjust the volume? Thanks for any info you can provide, JC

The standard Garrett "Blues" do not have a volume control. For such a feature and better sound/fit, I recommend the Gray Ghost Amphibians. Remember, if you are going to SALTwater beaches, the AT Pro is very tricky in the wet sand and water. Usually need to lower the sensitivity way down to a couple bars and not touch the sand while swinging. Ground balance should be ~15. It can be frustrating; very talkative machine in those conditions with minimal depth coverage depending upon the type of sand. Let us know how you do.

aj

For occasional use at a beach in calm, less than waist deep, water you really do not need waterproof headphones. The Garrett blue headphones are so loud I put a closed cell foam pad in each ear piece. All I do is shallow water detecting and I finally bought the GG Amphibians; I LOVE THEM! even over the standard land headphones that come with the AT--- detectors.

WaterWalker said:
For occasional use at a beach in calm, less than waist deep, water you really do not need waterproof headphones. The Garrett blue headphones are so loud I put a closed cell foam pad in each ear piece. All I do is shallow water detecting and I finally bought the GG Amphibians; I LOVE THEM! even over the standard land headphones that come with the AT--- detectors.
I too have gone to GGA's as my ATPro full time headphone selection. No swapping and quality "phones".

I have dunked my regular headphones a few times. They still work good. Now that was in freshwater. Salt water might be different. I only switch to the water proof ones when I know for certain that I will be hunting in deep water and a good possibility of getting spanked in the head with some waves.

I have both the Garrett headphones that came with my At/Pro and the Gray Ghost submersilbe headphones. I like the volume on the GG and that they are water proof. The only thing I don't like about the GG is they are so tight. It doesn't bother me when I rent a wetsuit, but just bare ears get kind of sore. I've never used the blue water proof headphones. GL & HH.

I've got the blue headphones with my Pro..yes, no volumn control, :sadwalk:
It is super important to have a balanced sound hitting your ear drums, so I cut and packed a piece of foam into my "good" ear speaker like WaterWalker did,, to sort of get things right..gonna have to look into those GGA's...a fellow cant find what he cant hear, and in this sport, no matter the rig, from what I can tell, phones are a major deal maker...the importance of great audio has been addressed on just about every mfg. Forum from one time or another, and I read all those posts, but the longer I do this, the more I understand it is true is a field hunting situation...still, right out of the box with the stock phones, the basic rig is no slouch, I think a great set of phones will make a person more comfortable and a better hunter in the long run, worth the money...I get very frustrated and worn out with only one good ear and no volumn control in about 2 hrs in a target heavy area..
Mud

I have used the Garrett Submersible headphones for some time now. (Use to go to the beach at least 2 times a month detecting) I have had no issues It depends greatly if you are in break water ( louder pounding waves) or calm water. Before you think about investing in Grey Ghost do a little research. I am reading some post that talk about issues.