Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At Pro finds old class ring plus silver ring

Larbear2

It was a beautiful fall day so I decided to take advantage of that and get out for a couple of hours. I had the 5x8 coil on the Pro, first stop was a park by the river. Found the silver ring within the first five minutes of the hunt. After that things slowed down and it was just a little bit of clad and trash. Decided to drive by a soccer field which I assumed would be in use and it was so I went on by.
Drove to an elementary school which is usually good for some clad. Was finding plenty of mid tone trash, pull tabs, pencil erasers,zipper pulls, etc.
Was thinking about ending the hunt when i spotted a few irregular shaped pieces of turf on the back side of the school close to the building. Got a 51-52 vid signal which I thought was going to be another piece of mid tone trash. But it turned out to be a Josten 10K class ring, 1948. It is very small and very worn. It is also bent but i should be able to straighten it out with my ring mandrel. I don’t see the name of the school anywhere. All that is on the inside of the band is the Josten 10K mark.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    752.9 KB · Views: 285
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 280
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 288
Good hunting, but this doesn't look like garbage. Or if?

Attachments

• Inkedimage_LI.jpg
    Inkedimage_LI.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 174
Neat and nice old find. The young lady that lost the ring would probably be around 90-91 years old right now. And your target dig selection was typically where gold can be found. Good hunting! HH jim tn

Neat and nice old find. The young lady that lost the ring would probably be around 90-91 years old right now. And your target dig selection was typically where gold can be found. Good hunting! HH jim tn
Thanks Jim tn!

Round like a coin but very light. It says VICTORIA EMPRIESS. Could be a tag off a toy or piece of clothing?
It looks like an old Queen Victoria coin, but being so fine it must be something else.
Also, it should put "victoria empress" and not "Empriess"
Don't save it as trash for now ...

Good finds! Working what you know has history is paying off!!!!

You might still be able to find the living owner of the ring. I found one from 1934 and returned it to the owner that was 97 yrs. old. He said he thought he lost the ring while swimming the week he graduated from school. He cried like a baby and he started remembering things from his younger years. It really meant a lot to him.

Thanks Grunter, I have returned two class rings to the owner in previous years. This one just doesn’t have enough information on it to do a search. GL & HH.

Larbear that's a couple of nice finds. Isn't it funny when something comes up and you got to move to another site, than Wammo. Some call it Karma.