Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro & Gold beat the big boys!

JohnApthorp

Hi,
I have just returned from the "Goanna Muster" which was a gathering of anyone who wanted to camp in the bush, watch metal detector demos of all denominations, panning demos & generally anything to do with gold prospecting was fair game. This was a social outing for anyone & was held in the "Stuart Town Common" in NSW at the end of June.
One of the things that really impressed everyone & was a complete surprise to some of the people who had paid about $6300 for a good gold detecting machine, was when a small gold nuggett about 1/4 to 1/2 a pinhead size was placed on the ground (after it was checked for any signals) & I was able to continually & quite loudly detect it with my wife's AT Pro running the 4" sniper coil.
The AT Gold was then tried & it performed even better than the Pro. (No surprises yet.)
The big expensive machines were bought in - you know - the one's that cost way over the $5000 mark. Every setting available was tried but not a murmur!!! Several different calibres from the top end were tried but the little VLF got the gold.
I will point out however, that once the size of the nuggett was increased to about 1/4 of a match head size, the big boys were back in the comp.
Well done Garrett.

in standard mode? the detector responds the same(amplitude) regardless of size or depth. In Pro mode you should get fainter sounds the futher the target is away from the coil..

That's a great story. I have often said the AT Pro/ AT Gold meets or beats some metal detectors costing 2 x as much as the Pro. After reading about your experience, I can now say it meets or beats metal detectors costing 5 x as much. :devil:

JohnApthorp said:
Hi,
I have just returned from the "Goanna Muster" which was a gathering of anyone who wanted to camp in the bush, watch metal detector demos of all denominations, panning demos & generally anything to do with gold prospecting was fair game. This was a social outing for anyone & was held in the "Stuart Town Common" in NSW at the end of June.
One of the things that really impressed everyone & was a complete surprise to some of the people who had paid about $6300 for a good gold detecting machine, was when a small gold nuggett about 1/4 to 1/2 a pinhead size was placed on the ground (after it was checked for any signals) & I was able to continually & quite loudly detect it with my wife's AT Pro running the 4" sniper coil.
The AT Gold was then tried & it performed even better than the Pro. (No surprises yet.)
The big expensive machines were bought in - you know - the one's that cost way over the $5000 mark. Every setting available was tried but not a murmur!!! Several different calibres from the top end were tried but the little VLF got the gold.
I will point out however, that once the size of the nuggett was increased to about 1/4 of a match head size, the big boys were back in the comp.
Well done Garrett.

Mate that sounds like a great time. Im in NSW also ,where are these events advertised

Did they try something both could detect for depth? Be interesting to see how they compared. I suspect the big dollar beast might run deeper but there's a limit to how far you want to dig sometimes!

I've been surprised at how deep the pro will hit pretty small bits when out relic hunting.

It's good to hear from you.
Funny you mentioned The common. I was just thinking about that spot in the last couple of days and the AT gold. I am curious as to how much better it handles the ground over the AT Pro. If I hadn't just bought a Cibola, then I would have most likely bought one. I really liked playing with your wife's AT. I was thinking that it should be able to find gold that the PI's can't! You just clarified that on the very ground I was thinking of using it for.
Thanks for the info.
Mick Evans.

No surprise,any one who detects for gold could have told you that. Vlf's do better on really all gold,PI does better on deeper large gold,and can handle hot ground better. You could have done the same with a lobo,gb,gbpro,mxt,GMT,etc.

Non AT owners hate to admit or acknowledge that it beats that pants off most other detectors. Forget controlled testing, I'm talking real detecting results. I'm about to buy that $2400 ML detector...I will be the first to post if it can't do better then the AT-Pro, then probably sell it.