Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro in the nails...and up jumped some loot!!

BigCatDaddy

was out at the lake a couple of weeks ago with some Blind hogs for a hunt and I came upon a spot littered in nails and other iron chunks. I was swinging an Excal instead of one of my AT's that day as I didn't want to find all of the goodies and have my buddies leave with empty pouches. The Excal simply nulled out on the iron and nails and wouldn't hit on anything. I returned yesterday with the AT Pro/5/8 coil/Amphibian phones rig and got quite a different result. I had to hunt with the iron audio off as it sounded like the 4th of July in my head with it on!! Yikes!! But the ATP worked it's majic and gave me a few keepers from the spot. I still believe there is more there, just need to be patient and work the area more. Here's the take for the day!!
[attachment 273617 0_wheatloot.jpg]

I got 2 wheat cents, a '40 and a '58, and a '41 nickle. I also found a Richard Hudnut lipstick probably from the '50's, kinda flattened and an old kids buckle.

Here's the coins and the Special Top...why it was Special, I have no idea!!

[attachment 273618 0_wheatwheat.jpg]

Yep, that's a special top, alright. I have found since acquiring my A T that the 5x8 is a pretty special coil. I didn't go into any detail regarding my Mn hunting, but the 5x8 was the coil for the spot I was hunting. I don't know how many wheats, silvers and clad coins I dug that were co-located with other trash targets, but quite a few. And, I find that it gets really good depth. Didn't mean to hijack your thread Big Cat, just merely reinforcing what you stated. Good hunting. HH jim tn

Yes I will also attest to hunting coins in the nails with the Pro! You are right about running iron audio off! Even still, seems a fellow has to go very slow and careful and sort of use a small portion of the center of the coil to locate a good target, and it is amazing when the scoop has a couple of nails in it with the coin..nice work there BCD!:clapping:
Mud

Nice job of sifting through that iron and netting a few keepers!

Excellent post!!! Man you are on it! I've been planning on hitting a place when the level is lowered for dam repairs. I was in there from 11/5/12-12/5/12 with the Excalibur and pulled this this stuff out
image_zpsbf483ba6.jpg
image_zpsbc71e8e4.jpg

Including a Richard Hudnut lipstick, complete. It's a special water site an 20 years ago I pulled out a 100+ silver coins and lots of jewelry from this lake in a concentrated area. There's plenty of iron trash and the stuff in the frame from last fall was in a area I got some nulling in my Excalibur.
HH-Bruce

Big Cat I am hunting a similar type area rightt now ( old home lot) been using the 5x8 coil it has been doing great the area was 10 x20 and put in close to 8 hrs on that one spot looked like a gopher on crack had been there lol but I kept going back I found a 36d quarter kept getting one 90 blip after pulling 5 nails out of the same hole I got it also uncovered 8 tax tokens , 5 wheats , a silver earring and 2 junk earrings in the same area along with close to 85 nails/nail pieces every time I hit iron audio it was just a solid hum that's how bad it was , just go back with fresh ears and keep peeling off the layers I am sure u will find some great stuff Good Luck.

When I go back, I'm taking a magnet to get those surface ones away from any potential good targets. I actually had one with me and just forgot it was in my hand...the Garrett prospecting tool.

Actually, I was interested in those jigging spoons as I ice fish. :lol: