Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro likes Venetian coins. :thumbup:

Fabio

Went detecting only once in the past two weeks, but found a beauty anyways.
It's a 12 Bagattini from the Venetian Doge Giovanni Corner II 1709 - 1722.
The detail is immense, compared to my other two similar coins I have.
Don't ask for the other side... It's a miracle I managed to make this photo...
I found it smack in the middle of a field about 400 metres away from my usual hotspot.
I also found some Euro coins and usual junk.
And... I got neckburn...:surrender:
A baseball cap doesn't always do it's job completely...
First time out with modified earphone jack and earphones. AT Pro works great.
In highly ferrous ground, I was swinging at 15 cm above ground using high sensitivity.
The ferrous signals dropped and the higher signals beeped sharply. :thumbup:
Now if only the Sun wouldn't toast me so much...

Today I plucked out a 10 cent piece from 1942, Italian Kingdom.
I also dug up a gold hollow heart full of tiny holes and has a loop and looks like a charm.
I'll have to check if it might really be gold. It was really shining in the earth when I was digging it out.
I wonder what it's purpose was...

This would solve your problem with the sunburned neck. I wear one when fishing.

Congratulations on the great find.

A great old find indeed - congrats !

Saturday's hunt with my AT Pro International involved a different field. Pulled out another Venetian 12 Bagattini and a gold plated button (still to be verified). The coin is heavily worn but I'll try to read the signature with my electronic microscope. I use sensitivity -2 notches from max. Automatic ground settles at 75-78, but I pull it down manually to 70 for a more quiet detector.
I also use the pro mode and notch out 0 to 70. The 65 to 70 signals still manage to chirp slightly anyways. I do a fast pace and go over all chirps making sure they're either good, or bad jumping signals. Every once in a while I check out the 6 and 10 digital readings on the screen (steel coins). The Venetian rang out at 74, although the one I found today seems to be made of silver instead of copper. I'll have to check that out and do a silver test. I noticed some signals ringing in the pro mode, will not ring in standard mode. Today I finally used up the first set of normal batteries. From now on, it'll be only rechargeables. :blowup:
Funny how so many people I encounter, think the detector is a grass cutter, or even a minefield detector. "Is this field safe now? Can I let my dog loose?" I just grin and warn them about woodticks, even if I didn't see any. :thumbup: