Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro overpriced in UK

Watchmaker

Like many of you in the US I have been looking forward to the release of the new Garrett, that was until today.

I have just been told that the price for the AT Pro in the UK is going to be 650 Pounds which works out at just over 1000 Dollars. Looks like I will be waiting for a used one to come up. At least I can see if it really will be as good as all the hype before I get one.

That was quite a shock I can tell you, and at that price will probably put a lot of people off.

Finding One diamond Ring at your Local sports field......... will pay her off.

[size=medium]Are you sure about that price.... The price here in the US for what it has can't be beat.[/size]

That is outrageous. Why is it so high? Would sure stop me from buying one. That's almost double the going price here. What a crock.

Bill

n/t

I know how you feel Watchmaker. I'm expecting the local importer here to charge the same sort of $ and our money is on parity to the green back. If I buy one, it will be from the States unless the prices here are more realistic.
Mick Evans.

Ye.i can confirm that is the price,I'm looking into importing one from the US.cheaper than buying one here.

The problem is there is only one Garrett distributor in the UK.
So having no competition they can charge what they like.
Pity Garrett has no say in the R.R.P. over here.

Checked with the Aust. distributor this week and he thought the price here would be about $1000 AUD also'
Said he had to cover warranty and postage himself.
I'm getting mine for $594.94 US delivered . They can be to greedy, Pyrites Pete.

There will be a difference in European and America AT Pro The makeup of coins in both countries is different
so the American Model might not do well in Europe. You can go to the Garrett site and see the difference between the two machines.........Just my 2 zincs worth.

[size=large]Am i correct in saying the at pro international version is geared towards european coins? our u.s. one are for sure. i thought i heard something to that effect on a vid from you-tube. wouldn't think it would justify that much increase in cost. have a friend in italy who says they just nail you for everything there. very expensive to live there.[/size]

For anyone going with the American model, let me give some perspective as I'm in Germany. I hunt with an Omega 8000 and like 70% or more of my coins (musket balls and lots of smaller copper objects) come in at 57 - 61. It would be nice for that range to be increased. Yes, it all does come down to that sweet sound / tone but the increased range would be a nice thing.

Something to consider before sending off for the American model, though if it's double the price, yeah, it's a no go!

people in the World and it sounds like some are even Metal Detector Distributors. The problem is everywhere. A couple of years ago I wanted to buy a Toyota Prius Hybrid. At the time the suggested MSRP from Toyota for the one I wanted was around $22000.00. The was no Dealer in my area selling the car for less than $5000.00 over the MSRP and for some idiotic reason people were buying them up so fast they couldn't keep them on the lots. I asked the dealer why they were selling it so high over the Retail Price and his answer was because we can! I turned around a walked out of the Dealership. Well like you I will not be ripped off like that so guess what I am not driving a Prius and after this past years major recall on Toyota's I am glad that I'm not. I am also glad that their greed came abound and bit them in the butt! Hopefully no one will buy any detectors from the Distributor at the inflated price and he will be forced to bring his price in line with where it should be or be stuck with a warehouse full of unsold detectors! JMHO

HH

Beachcomber

Hopefully people there are smart enough to not buy from him until he brings the price down where it should be!!!!! Good Luck!!!!

HH

Beachcomber

The same thing happened when the new Challenger came out 'cept it was even more. They were selling out too...

It sounds to me like Garretts needs to find some more dealers in Britain or mayb a Dutch or French dealer needs to order and offer ATs set for England. It shouldn't be too hard to get one from Holland to England should it? Why not contact some Belgian or Dutch or even German dealers to see if they can order one for you. Check all around.

This is what you get with one dealer.

J

http://coinmill.com/GBP_USD.html#USD=1.601
http://themoneyconverter.com/GBP/USD.aspx

Looks like the US dollar is stronger at the moment.
Katz