Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At Pro to Nox users

2wheeldevil

I am an old user of an AT Pro and looking at the Nox 600 or 800. Give me your experience of going from the At Pro to the nox.

I am a Garrett man that went to the NOX 800 It is a great machine with a LOT of learning to do you can do anything with the NOx but it has tons of settings to learn, it is also a great turn on and go machine and finds DEEP items with out doing anything Turn on and go, it all depends on your soil type and junk ridden areas I'm not sorry I switched
DFXDon

Ah it’s a great machine more simple than a Deus I’ve sold my Deus and have been having the best finds this year with my Nox 800 it’s not a hard machine to use just watch some videos like Calabash digger “John “he’s very good it’s pulling some unbelievable silver for me my oldest a 1776 Spanish 2 Reale a beach find!

At pro is not EVEN CLOSE performance wise to the Equinox. I have many videos on my channel showing the Equinox advantages over the AT line up..

I'd say the only advantage the AT Pro has is more search coils available. The Nox is lighter, faster and has a much better screen.

RichW said:
I'd say the only advantage the AT Pro has is more search coils available. The Nox is lighter, faster and has a much better screen.
And rechargeable!

Mkus said:
RichW said:
And rechargeable!

I prefer the 4 AA battery setup of the AT Pro/Gold/Max to the built-in Lithium rechargeable of the Nox.

First of all, the charging wire for the Nox is too short which can make it awkward to recharge because the detector has to be close to the electrical socket it's plugged into.

More importantly, cost and maintenance. The AT detectors work great with LSD rechargable AAs of which I'm well stocked, so recharging 4 batteries costs somewhere between 10-15 cents in electricity. Not sure what the electricity cost is to recharge the Nox battery, but when that battery needs to be replaced as ML says it will "within a few years," you can bet that it won't be cheap. Possibly cost prohibitive to replace. And the detector would need to be sent to ML for battery replacement, assuring down time.

Also, if you make the mistake of going out in the field without the Nox battery being charged enough to last for the duration of the hunt you can't just throw in 4 spare AAs, You can keep going only by keeping it hooked up to a charged power bank.

My friend I hunt with he owns a AT and I out hunt him all the time one park we hit a small private beach park that's never been hit before I spanked his pro 8 silvers to his none!

Remember each machine operates different, Garret has their way and Minelab has there’s so it is a learning curve.
On the Equanox 800 (I’ve had for only one week) start with the basics of turn on and go then progress from there. It has many options and dang dose it go deep.
I’ve already got a bunch of change and Monday I hit a local swimming beach . Three rings one junk , one wedding band and one 18k . I’ve only had it a week and am still learning.
I had to decide between the ATPro, (what the dealer wanted me to buy) but I decided on the Equanox 800 with the stock 11”: coil and I also got the 6” coil, (a killer coil) and both are DD coils so a better and easier for pinpointing this (In my opinion). A tighter pattern. And no bowl signal.

Doug

Calabash is right! It performs great and is a true all terrain unit. Great unit. Can’t go wrong with Minelab!

Here is the biggest difference, and always HAS been the biggest difference between a single freq machine and a Minelab multi freq machine...in general. It’s not that a single freq machine can’t go deep, it’s that by using simultaneous multi frequency operation, Minelab has afforded us the ability to ID targets much better at depth. A coil generates a field that is a certain size. We adjust the Sensitivity to allow in progressively smaller and smaller signals within that field. The AT “standard large coil” is 8.5”wide by 11” long. By all conventional wisdom, a coil will see a quarter at a depth which is around the WIDTH of the coil. Being as that Minelab supplies an 11” WIDE coil, the depth increase is going to be immediate. That, in conjunction with multi frequency operation which simply analyzes targets more thoroughly and accurately while ignoring soil mineral MUCH more efficiently, it’s a no brainer that AT users going to the Equinox will start digging targets with good ID considerably deeper.
SO much of a users success comes from the ability to “gel” with a machine that it’s hard to say which one is right for YOU. The ONLY way I can gauge a machines worthiness is by the RESULTS it provides. Sadly, one has to actually buy one in order to figure this out, even after reading and researching everything known about it. If you polled 100 people who have used both, chances are quite high that the Equinox would be in favor. There’s always going to be pros and cons of anything, but RESULTS always speak the loudest. It has its place in the detecting world, it’s up to YOU to make it an effective tool in the old toolbox. Coming from the AT, I don’t think you’ll regret the jump. Keeping BOTH would be optimal, so you can do some comparisons and see for yourself which one is right for YOU. Just because the great bulk of those 100 people might say that you should get it doesn’t absolutely mean that it will turn out the same as it has for them. It’s just a stark reality of the detecting world. If you’re after a steep increase in PERFORMANCE, the Equinox will give you that. There are other things you might not care for though...and much if not all of that is personal preference.

Very well explained.

I Love my AT pro. I was excited to get one of the first one when it came out. Do you remember the video the engineer did with the gold nugget? Anyway, I really like the AT pro with the small coil. It is great for finding targets in trashy spots. Even the stock coil works great. That being said, unless I am going to the park; I am using the NOX. I have had it for about a year. I was a little slow getting on the wagon. I did that with the AT Pro. "Sure you can hunt in salt water". Also , I really wanted to make sure it does what it was touted to do. I am here to tell you it does! I recently add the 15 inch coil (Got it from River Team 6 Detectors) David was very fast!!!! Give him a try!

Eventually, I will try the the small coil. My advice to a new user: Get it ;The Nox can do it all. It is a little pricey but will last if taken care of!

Only problem I have with my NOX is I keep getting things really deep and just this week one Rosie dime and a 1942 mercury dime and boy were they deep but the NOX locked on them solid and I’m guessing that is because of the multi frequency it uses and I tried it in each of the individual ones and only the 10 kHz hit on them the best. But hit on it in the multi freq .
Just my opinion