Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro VS E-Trac Results

n/t

Performance testing in uncontrolled conditions is hard to quantify but I like to see people attemp it with forethought. We often get too caught up trying to use depth as the biggest performance parameter but its nice to see that the results here show the ATP is a great value with great diversity. I wonder if any of those 10" dimes had been silver quarters at depth if the ATP would have signaled?

I have no doubt the AT Pro is as deep as it gets for the money. My E-Trac is deeper, but it cost twice as much.

I also appreciate your experience in the sport as well as your approach to a real world experiment. Marking the targets and then sweeping them with the Pro indeed took a lot of commitment and time. I'm glad you did not miss any Quarters with the Pro. Yep, a good tool for the money, your results should give some confidence to the user group in their equipment and its capabilities...and that is hugely important for successful hunting!
Mud

Ytcoinshooter said:
Performance testing in uncontrolled conditions is hard to quantify but I like to see people attemp it with forethought. We often get too caught up trying to use depth as the biggest performance parameter but its nice to see that the results here show the ATP is a great value with great diversity. I wonder if any of those 10" dimes had been silver quarters at depth if the ATP would have signaled?

I have found silver dimes at 7 inches and quarters at 9 with the AT Pro. The AT Pro can cover more ground because of the response time, the E-Trac has the depth. Both are great machines. My opinion is to start with the AT Pro, cann't go wrong if you learn the machine, then upgrade if felt it is need and when possible.

E Trac is E Trac is E Trac - AT Pro is AT Pro. Some manufacturers, it appears to me, are still into the one size fits all mentality instead of (A)ll (T)errain concept at an affordable price. Coins are one thing and one style for comparison. Not all people are just coin shooters. I'm a "general type" hunter who owns one of those top of the line detectors, which, by the way is a great detector. After purchasing and using the AT Pro I'm in agreement with an engineer from a competing company who said "Garret has a winner with the AT Pro. It can hold up to other high end detectors." I'm in agreement with what he says. Brand loyalty is disappearing now. I don't know where you hunt, but here in Northern California the ground is heavily saturated and highly mineralized. The At Pro has gone down deeper than my high end machine. Others have said I don't have it (high end one) set up correctly . That's one of the points I keep trying to make, what set up is required with the AT Pro? I don't do tests, I can't display them. I do results. AND least I forget, as a bonus on top of it all, the AT Pro is waterproof. Thank you though for taking the time to do those comparisons. It does show me how serious it is. I mean when an inexpensive machine as the AT Pro is being tested against the likes of the famous E Trac; you just proved Garrett does produce a mid priced detector that can keep up with the "Big Boys."

trachunter said:
Ytcoinshooter said:

I have found silver dimes at 7 inches and quarters at 9 with the AT Pro. The AT Pro can cover more ground because of the response time, the E-Trac has the depth. Both are great machines. My opinion is to start with the AT Pro, cann't go wrong if you learn the machine, then upgrade if felt it is need and when possible.
You did a great job in your post. It will be a long time before I can get busy with the ATP. Being frozen in from the blizzard, no turf digging for a long time. School is still closed as of today in my town of over 50,000 people.

I hunt with both machines and both have their place for sure. Wouldn't part with either of them. The E-Trac is deeper, especially when you learn how to Max out it's performance in manual sense and fit it out with a large coil. The AT-Pro is better in iron trash with the 5 x 8 because of it's faster response. It's also great up against metal fencing and steel poles with the sniper coil.