Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro Won't Shut Off

Boothbay

AT Pro turns on just fine. It won't shut off unless I release the battery compartment and kill the juice. I have done a factory reset, but no luck.

Would appreciate any suggestions. I just hate to send it back with the good weather for detecting coming up.

Thanks everyone! :))

I have not heard of the At Pro having this problem until now. Like Jarrow said though, are you holding the power button down until it beeps twice? Holding it down for only a second only switches the At Pros mode.

The AT series has a few of its buttons pulling double duty in order to have more features, and the power button is one of them.

HH and GL

Yup, holding the button down for quite a while. Sometimes I hold it down for 15 seconds and it will shut off. When I let the button go it turns right back on.

Sounds like this will have to take a ride to Texas. At least it comes on. :))

Thanks all

Just checking:
- Did it work OK before and just started doing this?
- A quick press changes modes. A 2-3 second press should turn it off. A LONG press (~5+ sec.) does a factory reset.

If that's not what's happening, a trip to TX is called for, though you could probably wait until winter if it doesn't bother you too much and your warranty doesn't expire before that. You could give Garrett a call and get a RMA # and see if it's OK to wait a while... In any case, they're pretty fast- I sent one in a few weeks back and I had it back in exactly a week (I'm next door in New Mexico). Most folks say around 10 days.

Hope it helps!

Yup, it worked fine before this.

Good ideal William. I just got it in May so I'm good with Garrett. I have every confidence they will fix it. Fact is buying from Garrett for my first detector was helped by the fact they have such a great rep for service.

I will send it to them in the cold Maine winter.

Appreciate the help you guys.

I must not have pushed the right buttons on her control panel. "Thank God and Greyhound she's Gone"........Lol

i wonder how many people this happens to?

New, out of the box, turned it on and it would not turn off. I set it in the corner for a year, believing that if I turned it on, i'd never get it to turn off again. Why wont the power button turn off this unit? eventually, it does power down, but I sometimes spend 30 minutes pushing the power button over and over. seems like I paid nearly $800 for this piece of junk.

Walterramjet said:
i wonder how many people this happens to?

New, out of the box, turned it on and it would not turn off. I set it in the corner for a year, believing that if I turned it on, i'd never get it to turn off again. Why wont the power button turn off this unit? eventually, it does power down, but I sometimes spend 30 minutes pushing the power button over and over. seems like I paid nearly $800 for this piece of junk.

Well, it's been almost six years since anybody reported it happening on this thread...:rofl:

Kidding aside, who did you buy it from? A good dealer should deal with getting a replacement for you if a detector is defective straight out of the box. Setting it in the corner for a year probably wasn't the best strategy, after that long you can't expect your dealer to deal with it now. Call Garrett and get a ROA to send it in. All they need is the control box and coil. Don't wait another year because the AT Pro warranty is only good for two years.

Good luck, hope it works out for you!:detecting: