Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATMax audio??

Tony-Ok

Does anyone with an ATMax have feel the audio is not smooth like the ATPro ??headphones ?? My ATPro with Garrett Z Link has a nice and smooth audio and my ATMax has a harsh, crackling audio .......after trying many,many settings... a smooth audio cannot be achieved. I hope Garrett will address this issue, as audio is very important to my success of great finds been in this hobby since 1976 . Hopefully Garrett will respond HH Tony Perkins.

My ATMAX is not as smooth as the AT PRO either. Sometimes, if you switch the headset around, it helps. And, if you switch coils, you have to reset your detector. If you hadn't, try it. Another option is to try different frequencies. In some areas, this fixed it. You can reground balance it and turn down the sensitivity. The AT MAX is over powered, so it sometimes runs a little rough. Don't be afraid to turn down the sensitivity. Sensitivity is not a depth option. Too much sensitivity can in fact make you lose some targets. Because of the modulated audio, you need to learn to listen for those softer (deeper) signals.

Hope this helps!

John

Hello John-Edmonton I have tried the factory coil and the 5x8, both with resetting the detector. Running the lowest sensitivity or higher, up to the highest settings, makes no difference. Still in search for a solution , Tony Perkins

The Max does not have the same audio as the pro. It’s audio is more like the gold. Give it some time and you will adjust.

I can run the iron disc from 0-45 with no change of audio, still rough, scratchy. Thank you for your response.

Try a set of wired headphones and make sure you are ground balancing the right way. Pump the Max until it goes almost silent before you set your search mode or other settings.

I found the same thing to be true with the Max and I personally think the wireless headphones amplify it, or are the root cause of it. The reason I say that is because I was playing with the blue Garrett waterproof phones and noticed the audio, at least to my ears, was less crackling/fuzzy and cleaner sounding. I imagine with a pair of higher quality headphones and the headphone adapter, that it would be better. I can't confirm that because I don't have the adapter.

Yes Daniel Tn , I took the adapter from my ATPro and used it on my ATMax, and used a pair of standard Garrett headphones, Then my Ratphones and the audio with no change, still scratchy and rough ? Thanks for your input.

Check your coil wire connections and make sure it is not flopping around. Also somebody said if a loose connection gets wet inside, you need to unscrew it and let it dry out.

my two cents.from what ive heard on the videos,its seems garrett went in and tweeted the electronics and maby changed a couple of parts to a higher value,the same thang they could have done to an atpro, to get and increase of about an inch or two in dis. mode,trade off is a crackling poping detector.ive watched videos of,well say for instants the racer, it has a very nice tone when it beeps in disc.and goes deep.now dont get me wrong,i was wanting to get a atmax until i listened close to the auto.and that was just on fourm videos.

Just remembered when the ground is crackling, try running the threshold into the negative numbers just enough to still be able to hear good targets. Just try it and see you won't lose much depth.

x2

MikeLab said:
Just remembered when the ground is crackling, try running the threshold into the negative numbers just enough to still be able to hear good targets. Just try it and see you won't lose much depth.

Also, try increasing your iron audio that should take out some of the cracklin' and zappin' type noises.

When you hit a non-ferrous item (ex. coin) all doubt will be removed, you will definitely hear the smoothness. Give it more time in the field.

Strange, I've had no audio problems with the Max. Maybe being half deaf is not such a hindrance.

I'm new to the At Max. The audio, to me, sounds smooth...in and outside the house. I've played with all the settings, different modes, and all sound good. Haven't been out hunting yet...so will see if that changes.

The audio is smooth when it finds non-ferrous items. its the reaction to the ground minerals (if not properly GB) and iron that is driving people batty, myself included. The Max is just like the Pro but with a couple of high octane energy drinks included :rofl:

Having used the Pro for several seasons, I understand what constant smoothness is being discussed. The Pro was quiet as a church mouse when running through the iron. The Max, it has a much more "sparkier" and "zappier" type response to the iron. Like I mentioned earlier, all doubt will be removed when the machine finds non-ferrous. It will have a smooth response.

HanoverDigger said:
I'm new to the At Max. The audio, to me, sounds smooth...in and outside the house. I've played with all the settings, different modes, and all sound good. Haven't been out hunting yet...so will see if that changes.

earthlypotluck said:
The audio is smooth when it finds non-ferrous items. its the reaction to the ground minerals (if not properly GB) and iron that is driving people batty, myself included. The Max is just like the Pro but with a couple of high octane energy drinks included :rofl:

Having used the Pro for several seasons, I understand what constant smoothness is being discussed. The Pro was quiet as a church mouse when running through the iron. The Max, it has a much more "sparkier" and "zappier" type response to the iron. Like I mentioned earlier, all doubt will be removed when the machine finds non-ferrous. It will have a smooth response.

HanoverDigger said:
Agreed!