Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Attaching Video Camera to CTX3030

Smack

I have made rigs to attach my video camera to my Etrac. It appears that the shape of the CTX will in no way work with that rig. I like to attach the camera between the arm cup and the detection screen so that I can detect and get good steady shots of the screen as I go along.

Here is a pic of what I am talking about. This is not on the Etrac but another well known brand.
[attachment 237599 76761.jpg]

Has anyone started working on a rig for this new detector? If so I would like to see what you have come up with, if you don't mind sharing. The shape of the upper shaft assembly is so unique that it is going to take some effort to come up with a good fit, that looks good as well. Don't want to mess up those sexy lines that Minelab came up with in their design.

I will work on it as well, and will post when I figure it out.

As a side note. I think the forum should add the words CTX and Etrac ect to the spell checker. I don't see where I can add it.

HH,

Smack

Do a search for "11 Inch Magic Arm 11" arm+Super Clamp for DSLR Rig Camera to Monitor LED Lamp" and you will see the rig I use. The nice thing is that it folds away quick. I often don't even leave it mounted as the super clamp is so fast to re-attach. It doesn't way much but does throw off the balance some.

Just be careful that you don't tighten it down to much on the rubber. Bill_S is using it as well.

Hope that was helpful,
Albert

While I am not fan of mounting the camera to the detector. I just set this up for a spin today. Its half of a mount wire tied to the shaft with a rubber sheet underneath to keep from moving. Time 3 minutes.I looped the wrist strap around the shaft as a lost preventer. I might find the camera around the coil but not gone.LOL! These type mount are easy to find and cost less than 15 bucks.The metal is NOT SS and will rust! Search Neilinwestjersey I found mine there.

Very cool setup. I was hoping to mound it above the screen, as I like to see what the screen shows and with the wide angle you can still see the coil and the area around.

earthmansurfer said:
Do a search for "11 Inch Magic Arm 11" arm+Super Clamp for DSLR Rig Camera to Monitor LED Lamp" and you will see the rig I use. The nice thing is that it folds away quick. I often don't even leave it mounted as the super clamp is so fast to re-attach. It doesn't way much but does throw off the balance some.

Just be careful that you don't tighten it down to much on the rubber. Bill_S is using it as well.

Hope that was helpful,
Albert

That looks pretty cool. You must be mounting it on the lower shaft.