Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

attn Etrac users: comparison question

sunraysux

hope everyone is well; do not get on here much
but i have been nagged by this NOX800 thing for the past several months...
i own an Etrac....started with her 3-1-17
since then i have found 150 silver coins of all sorts....lots of largies/indians/buffs/Vs...the whole gamut
have hit hundreds of sites to the point that i think they are exhausted....
and yet i perpetually see these "hype" you tubers saying they have hunted all these spots out and are killing it with the NOX800
thus far, these youtube vids have come off as plants or minelab paid shills//etc
not really too believable....
i trust the majority of the folks on this forum...i have found your help and comments and postings to be real and well intended.
so i ask all of you Etrac guys...have you bought a NOX800...used one....borrowed on???
is there anything tangible to all this hype??
i love my Etrac but there are times i feel it is limited.....only because there are ground types out there in my geographies which are soooo bad and mineralized that all she does is thump in open screen....i hate discrimination so i hunt 2 tone ferrous all the time open screen. and from what the hype machine indicates, the NOX800 multi frequency capabilities mitigate much of these mineral ground issues.i get awesome depth from my Etrac....but the hype machine tells me i will get that and more with the NOX800....
the hype machine tells me that all my hunted out spots will become new hunting grounds again if i sink some new $$ into the NOX800.....so i throw myself on the mercy of the good folks on this forum and simply ask for YOUR truth....YOUR experience because i know i can value that as a valid reasonable comparison based on knowledge....not hidden motives.
thank everyone so much in advance for any thoughts and such you would like to share!!

What do you think about adding some disc and running Trash Density High. That would be like owning a brand new detector if you are used to only running open screen and no discrimination.

HH
Mike

not a fan of smearing signals Mike...not a fan at all of nulling anything that maybe laying immediately next to or above what i am after....and i do already hunt in high density//difficult ground settings
have tried repeatedly all the minelab pre-loaded disc programs and despise all of them with a passion
you are clearly missing lots of things when you hunt in such a manner IMO
have tried Andy S...all of it
and the only thing that makes sense to me and seems worth my time is to hunt the right places open screen in AUTO+3
thanks to Dave//FPD
i am NOT into parks and most schools
just wayyyyyyy too littered with crap; those sites render the hobby a total bore and nuisance to me

The Etrac actually separates a bit better with a little disced out in the bottom of the iron range. Just an FYI................CTX , too.
If parks and schools or sites "just wayyyyyyy too littered with crap" are not your thing and iron contaminated old sites are , then , yes the 800 (or 600 for that matter) may be just the ticket ,,, or an Impact or Racer2 or Deus or Kruzer or F75 or any other fast recovery detector may give you a different perspective of how hunted out your sites are. You know you're going to do it so just get one and put your mind at ease. They will all get you good depth , some type of ID and all make a great complimentary detector to the Etrac

Shoot , you might just want to try a smaller coil , 5x10 or 4.5x7 can make it a new machine as well.

Love my E-Trac and CTX but both are now back ups to my Nox 800. Waterproof and I feel a little deeper . Great in iron infested areas. Hot on gold. I do miss the larger numbers spread. For $900 i can't be beat.

The Nox would probably match your hunting style, then. I say go for it.

HH
Mike

I have both. Been using FBS since 2000. The 800 compliments the Explorers / Etrac nicely. If you can afford both, I would add the 800. If not, you are having great success with your Etrac. Keep up the research and adding new sites.

Rich -

If you dont plan on hunting gold nuggets the 600 would be a more cost effective choice to back up your E-Trac.

But then ... everyone always wants the top model even if they will never use the extra features ... so if you need resale value the 800 would be the one.