Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX Coil Cable

unearth

Has anybody figured out a way to close up the ATX completely without the cable bunching up and not allowing total closure? I've tried many times, after rinsing the ATX off and letting it dry. But it seems no matter how hard I try, wiggle the unit around, shake it a bit, it still won't close down the last 3 or 4 inches. I eventually get it closed, but I'm afraid I may be doing damage to the cable. I'm pretty sure it's the last extension's smaller opening that's the problem. Any ideas to help get the ATX to close completely would be greatly appreciated.

Seems nobody has this problem but me. So, for me, I figured a way to get that last 3 to 4 inches to collapse completely. I just undo the last coil stem unit from the base, as if I was changing out the coil, but not disconnecting the coil cable, and then feed the cable into the stem housing while slipping the last stem unit into place. The coil/stem unit collapses completely to fit into the carry bag. Done.

SEE THIS CURRENT POST WITH PHOTOS

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?96,2329537,2329537#msg-2329537

BE CAREFUL OR IT CAN COST YOU A $530 REPAIR.

What I do is take the armrest off, lift the shaft lock, turn and pull the shaft out so I can see all the ends of the 4 shaft pieces. Then turn the shaft in a direction that tightens the coils which allows me to work the coils into the small ID of the lower shaft. OR just never try to force collapse the shafts.

I always had that problem with mine. I found if I collapsed the rods from thickest to thinnest one at a time, it would usually fully collapse, but if I did it the opposite way it would not.

Also, I disassembled the shaft and sanded the ends smooth. They were really rough cut and I think causing the cable coils to catch.