Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX Deepseeker

the Swede

Will the ATX Deepseeker find jewelry, such as small rings, pendants and such...
...or is it simply too big for this purpose?

A very good question. I've been waiting for someone to report on this. I have the deepseeker but I haven't used it while I'm waiting for my coil cover.

I would expect the DEEPSEEKER Package to give you increased depth on ring sized objects. Also, considering it's complete un-broken circular shape target would also contribute to it's strong signal. If you study some of the videos out there, you see that there most likely would be the opportunity to gain more depth on rings. However, once we start getting down to very small size targets like micro gold from chains, you will probably get the same results as losing some of the smaller gold at depth with a larger coil.

The deepseeker coil is comically large, but you can easily find pipelines with it that are 8' deep. If its large it will sense it with ease. Also the bigger coil cuts out alot of the surface trash running wide open, i find its like running the stock coil with about 8 set on discrimination but way deeper. Too bad all i find is oilfield junk and farm machinery parts.

DeepIron said:
The deepseeker coil is comically large, but you can easily find pipelines with it that are 8' deep. If its large it will sense it with ease. Also the bigger coil cuts out alot of the surface trash running wide open, i find its like running the stock coil with about 8 set on discrimination but way deeper. Too bad all i find is oilfield junk and farm machinery parts.

Then I am sure a gold ring would be considered a surface trash item.

I just watched a video with the 20" coil, was still able to find sub gram nuggets. Use the front edge for pinpointing. Could be an awesome tool in the water where weight is not an issue.

Here's what get me about Garrett and the deepseeker coil. Why don't they go out and bury a diamond ring 12" on the beach and go over it with the deepseeker? If it works, let us see it in a video. If it doesn't, tell us that too. I'll be damned to go spend $500+ just to find out the thing is useless. Come on Garrett, show us what you want us to buy.

I am getting one, no video required. Large PI coils retain surprising sensitivity to small items, but rather than hit them in the middle of the coil the really small stuff will be detected at one edge or the other of the coil. So be on the lookout for it otherwise you will be digging in middle of the coil for something that is 7 inches away. You will often get a double blip on a wide swing as each coil edge hits the target.

Honestly though if you want small stuff use the stock coil or 8" mono. The big coil is first and foremost for covering ground, like a huge beach. Secondary benefit is more depth on larger items, like men's rings, coins, large gold nuggets, etc. Mine will see most use patch hunting for gold nuggets, and also for covering large beach areas.