Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AU code on Equinox 600 when I noise cancel

Please point out where in the manual it says AU=AUTO. I have the 600 and it just started giving me the AU Code every time I noise cancel. Previously it always displayed a number on the target ID after executing noise cancel and it would hold that number until I press the detect button. Now it goes through the noise cancellation process (sounds as it should according to the “manual”) gives me a number for a second then goes immediately to the AU code. The detector does seem to work after I hit detect, but this is extremely odd and nowhere in the manual do I see this mentioned. Hey MINELAB TECHS! Can you ring in on this????? We know you’re watching.

Please point out where in the manual it says AU=AUTO. I have the 600 and it just started giving me the AU Code every time I noise cancel. Previously it always displayed a number on the target ID after executing noise cancel and it would hold that number until I press the detect button. Now it goes through the noise cancellation process (sounds as it should according to the “manual”) gives me a number for a second then goes immediately to the AU code. The detector does seem to work after I hit detect, but this is extremely odd and nowhere in the manual do I see this mentioned. Hey MINELAB TECHS! Can you ring in on this????? We know you’re watching.
My 600 model does the same... and it 18 months old, and detects great. It's just how it works. But you're right it should have been put in the manual

The AU is just Minelab's way of telling you your 600 doesn't have manual noise cancel....like the 800 does.....it's ONLY auto.
You can actually start the AU process two ways on the 600:
If you go to noise cancel, the 'normal' way to start the Auto process (on 600/800) is by pressing the Accept/Reject button. (the check mark / plus sign labeled button)
Because the 600 won't allow you to manually change the NC number, Auto Noise Cancel will also be initiated on the EQUINOX 600 if you try pressing the Minus (–) or Plus (+) buttons.

And Fastdraw is correct. The 600 has always worked this way.
However, as noted by others, it is (most annoyingly) not in the manual!
(I had to call ML directly to find this out, when I first got my 600...)

It's working as it's supposed to....relax, and have fun,
:)
mike

Thanks to all for checking this out. I finally got to use it, down in Orange Beach AL. (Northern Wisconsin is frozen solid) Worked great. Signals were unbelievably crisp and spot on. I cancelled several times. I did not know the + or - buttons also did the cancel. Will try soon.

Most likely your coil is bad

Mine goes to AU after a noise cancel. I press my detect button and badda bing! After those coins again! I hardly doubt that I have a bad coil... Of course...Your results may vary...:unsure:

Thanks to all for checking this out. I finally got to use it, down in Orange Beach AL. (Northern Wisconsin is frozen solid) Worked great. Signals were unbelievably crisp and spot on. I cancelled several times. I did not know the + or - buttons also did the cancel. Will try soon.
Hope you had a good time down here in lower alabama. It’s a great place.

Last edited:
Was kind of wondering myself. Same issue but went away after going thru settins. Now where did I bury that coffee can?