Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Audio response

Johnny Depth

If I keep my audio response at 7 what is the downside, I dig all target's above a 40 I'd anyway. All may sound loud and clear, but isn't that a good thing? Has anyone else try this?

If I keep my audio response at 7 what is the downside, I dig all target's above a 40 I'd anyway. All may sound loud and clear, but isn't that a good thing? Has anyone else try this?
Hello Johnny, It’s kind of a personal preference. What you are doing is not wrong. You get nice loud all around signals. I like to run my audio response with lower numbers (2-3) because I like to have the Modulated audio. Deeper targets have a softer sound and shallower targets give a louder sound. Deeper targets are usually, but Not always better targets! Hope this helps! HH Tony

Hello Johnny, It’s kind of a personal preference. What you are doing is not wrong. You get nice loud all around signals. I like to run my audio response with lower numbers (2-3) because I like to have the Modulated audio. Deeper targets have a softer sound and shallower targets give a louder sound. Deeper targets are usually, but Not always better targets! Hope this helps! HH Tony
Thanks, to be honest I've lost some hearing, and was looking for a solution

Simple test may be to find a target at your usual setting, then start dropping audio response numbers to see at what point your not happy with.

Totally your preference, as has been said. Raising the Audio Response progressively eliminates the modulation to the point at which 7 offers no clue about depth…everything is as amplified as it can be.

Well, who needs to know the depth? The medieval coin can be just below the surface while the modern coke can trash can be found in depths nobody is expecting those. In the same area.
So I prefer also a higher audio response around 7.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf