Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

audio soundsI

Hi Harry. You are searching for "a variety of targets"?
I suggest that you decide exactly what you hope to find.
The 7.5 DD is not optimal for finding gold, nor is it optimal for finding silver jewerly and coins.
I don't think it is waterproof, either. Not good for the beach. This would constrain you to the high dry sand.
On dry sand, a concentric coil would be more stable.
So....IF you are not satisfied with your six inch DD HF (I just got one today, btw), you might want to look at Coilteks selection of coils. They are waterproof, too.

The 3 kHz digger is optimal for finding silver, old coins and clad coins.
The HF coil is optimal for finding gold (and relics).
There is no one type of coil that is optimal for finding all targets.
And the so called "Multi-use" 7.5 kHz coil is the worst of all.
So I suggest that you be more exact in what you really hope to find.
And use the appropriate coil.
If you are mostly a coin shooter, for example, you wouldnt want to use a gold prospecting coil, etc.
Happy hunting, Kev :crazy:

Kev, I find the stock 9 inch 7.5 cc coil a very good coil for me when I go in the deep woods. Kind of an in between all around coil. I have no problem finding mid 18th century coins 7 inches deep with it. Picks out those mid 19 century half dimes that are between 3 to five inches deep like the were clad sitting on the surface. Also found a couple nice 19th century gold bands with this coil. I got nothing but good things to say about this coil and have had great success with it! Just my opinion and endless hours of detecting with this coil. HH All!

Emmett