Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Auto or manual sens?

I would like to know as well. I tried auto when I first got the unit, but started playing with it. Not sure what it does.

Where I live in N.H. I use manual. On auto I get a lot of penny range signals at full depth.
Also they just dont sound "right". I run the sens where most of them go away. Depth doesnt
seem to suffer. 8" still comes in loud, sharp, & with a good ID #. Beyond 8" you are at the mercy of many variables.

Probably best to find a clean playground, clean it out of everything then do some testing at different sens levels.
Keep in mind the less you ask the MD to calculate the faster it can run.

GL & HH
Tom
LFOD !

Manual almost all the time. I have found that 16-17 is where I set it for parks unless I just want to skim the surface for fresh drops and if I'm around tot-lot structures, I come down to 10 or even less. You want to get as close to the metal pipes around the swings and slides etc; without it nulling out. I think a lot of guy's stay away from them especially newbies with cheap metal detectors. I like to hear all the coins including pennies (I usually pass on them) but once in awhile, if I get a 35 and it seems larger than a penny should be, I'll dig it because it could be a collectible domestic coin or a collectible foreign coin that's larger than a penny 'footprint' or may even be a thin women's gold? ring or jewellery!!! If it sounds different,even though it comes up a 35 or there about's, I'll dig. Of course a silver dollar comes in at around 35 but anyone would know that you have one of those under your coil!lolI still don't trust the auto setting. Its supposed to change the sens; according to the terrain but I always feel that you loose a little depth and also I'm giving up some 'control' over my detector!!

sasquache said:
Manual for me auto had no Depth.

Manual all day,as sasquache said..I’ve run both in my test garden,,auto won’t touch a 8 inch dime..manual sens as low as 10 just smacks it hard.