Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Auto Trac

Fishnmaine

OK, Lets say I change the Auto Trac speed to 15....then I Lock Trac.....will this be locked at 15 or will it lock at factory preset at 25....My grounds here is pretty stable....so I would prefer locking it....but keep the speed. I noticed when you lock trac the only thing you can adjust is the offset..

I could be wrong, but when you TracLock, your AutoTrac speed is 0.

It is my understanding that by activating LockTrac, you will lock the GEB to the last position tracked. The AutoTrack will essentially be turned off, and no tracking will occur until it is deactivated.

Trac speed refers to how often the detector samples the ground and updates the ground balance set point. Trac Lock prevents any further updating of the ground balance point. If you go back to auto trac it will trac at 15 where you set it. If you change programs or turn off the detector when you go back to the program it will still be set to 15 and will still be locked. If you want it to trac you have to manually change it to trac. Rob

johno and Larry are both correct.
When Loctrac is slected there is no ground tracking. However you can do as johno does or you can select loctrac, then do a manual ground balance and remain at that setting.

So the more problematic grounds the higher you should have your autotrac speed......and stable grounds have it at lock and ground balance once in awhile....or leave it in autotrac and have it set real low....

Try and see what works best for you in your ground. I have high mineralization but it doesn't change much. I use TracLoc and GB maybe every 1/2 hour.

From the Manual..

With TracLoc on, I get a quieter and more stable detector in my ground.

I will hafta experiment with that... just to see