Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Auto Track

Donut

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.
I Was out yesterday and would hit on a good signal then it was gone.
this was driveling me crazy because it kept happening.
Then I looked at my screen and darn I noticed the auto track was on.
if it is on and you help passing over a target trying to pinpoint it without using the pin pointer the detector can ground balance the target as being ground and balance it out.
this is the main reason I will not use auto track.
if I was in an area where the ground minerals like some places like where their is gold I would use it.
This is the main reason I don’t use auto track.
I know some swear by it bit I’m wondering how many good targets they are missing.

Dougt

Hi Doug,
I don't even use auto tracking ground balance when I'm gold prospecting unless I absolutely have to. It slows down the detector's reaction time while adjusting to new ground phase levels and knowing me, I would miss some small nuggets right on the boundary where two different phase reading types or dirt or rock formations meet. I have heard that it really can cause one to miss very small or very deep whisper targets because of tracking different ground or from swinging too much over small targets. I could be wrong for sure..........

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.
When I noticed the squiggly line on the screen I knew right away why the TDI kept dropping out .
I had the same problem with my Xterra 70 for years so that is why I knew to look to see if the auto track was on.
For that reason I never use auto track .
Doug