Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AVG and Xchange 2

gabbyhayes

My virus scanner is AVG and it has been isolating a file within exchange after I try logging in.
AVG reports:
Unknown is a generic description for unknown, medium-severity malware. If you receive such a warning, you've most likely come across a malicious file, and we recommend letting AVG remove the infection. If you believe this warning is wrong, please click "Report an Incorrect Detection" to submit the file to AVG Labs for analysis.

This might be a false positive and I have submitted it to them for analysis.
The file is chromex2.exe

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yep. Every time I tried re-loading it. Had to go back to AVG and "allow" Xchange 2 to operate as administrator.
Afterwards, I could log in to the www.minelab.com website but still could not get into Xchange2. Final analysis
by repairman""""Xchange2 hardware at Minelab has viral infection that is not passed on to the end user due to
Minelabs secure website software "isolating" the issue. That's why I could get into the website after cleaning up
AVG. However, with the infection being in the Xchange2 program side of their website, after my first re-attempt
to log on to maps in Xchange2, it would throw up a block due to Xchange2 at their mainframe not yet being fixed.
RESULT: Don't fix AVG to allow until Minelab fixes Xchange2, per repairman

This problem happens with AVG and other anti virus software. Anything is possible but generally speaking...its glitch in the software.